PDA

View Full Version : SCAM Alert - thedigitalnerds.com

Spikestrip
06-05-2007, 08:04 PM
I hope this isn't inappropriate, but I wanted to help others avoid what just happened to me.

I searched for and found the best price ($219) on a Canon SD750, and placed an online order with TheDigitalNerds.com, and received an email telling me to call them and confirm the order. After an attempt to high pressure me into purchasing a high capacity battery at an outrageous price stating that the original, enclosed battery would "only work for 20 minutes", and a 1 gig storage card again at a high price, I refused.

He told me that he would "do me a favor and cancel the account" since without the "extras", the camers is unusable. I received another email a few minutes later informing me that "due to a backorder of 6-8 weeks", my order was canceled and not to re-order.

Please be aware that thedigitalnerds.com and digitalsuperdeals.com has the same hours and customer service number.

Just trying to help you avoid another scam...:mad:

timmciglobal
06-05-2007, 08:08 PM
You know these scammers only function by people not heeding the wise saying "if it's too good to be true it's not"

Resellerratings.com NEVER buy from ANYWHERE online without reading up on the store.

Tim

jcon
06-05-2007, 08:34 PM
You're not the first and sadly wont be the last to get scammed. People see a low price and the research stops there, when in fact, thats when it should begin. Had you done more looking into that site, you wouldve have never placed the order in the first place. Just another prime example of using the tools provided to you before you make a purchase.

Sorry if thats a bit too harsh Spikestrip, but its the cold hard truth. You learned the hard way.

Spikestrip
06-05-2007, 09:34 PM
Thanks for the advice guys, and fortunately, all I got was my order cancelled. I'd hate to have someone else actually get conned by these thieves...
Good advice to read up on, and buy from reputable dealers!

cldavis
10-24-2007, 10:34 AM
If I had only listened to Spikestrip and read his thread about these online thieves. I have notified EveryPrice.com and they could seem to care less.

I placed an order for Canon S5 IS camera and they sent an email telling me to call them to verify my credit card and when I did they reied to upsell alot of other products to me and I said no. A week later, I called to check on the order and they said it was back ordered and I would not be receiving it anytime soon. I asked if there was an expected date and he hung up on me. I called back thinking it was just a phone disconnect, and he (called himself the "owner" of the company) stated that my order was cancelled because he didn't like my attitude. Can you believe that?! I don't believe they ever had the camera on sale for that amount and should be put out of business. DO NOT ORDER from these people, they are completely unprofessional!:mad:

And Jcon, while I appreciate your words of advice, there is nothing wrong with looking for the best price. No one has time to research every company to find out if they are reputable or not. If you do a search on this website for thedigitalnerds.com you don't even get any results, so it may not have mattered if you did try to find info about the company.

griptape
10-24-2007, 12:15 PM
And Jcon, while I appreciate your words of advice, there is nothing wrong with looking for the best price. No one has time to research every company to find out if they are reputable or not. If you do a search on this website for thedigitalnerds.com you don't even get any results, so it may not have mattered if you did try to find info about the company.

No offense, but that statement is completely moronic. If you have time to look for the best price, then you have time to do a little background research on the people offering the best price. Period. Type in the company name, along with the word "scam" into google and I guarantee you'll get results as to whether or not the people you're about to order from are legitimate.

Rhys
10-24-2007, 12:27 PM
wowie. Look at their rating....

It's a stunning 0.00 out of 10.

http://www.resellerratings.com/store/TheDigitalNerds

D Thompson
10-24-2007, 12:28 PM
No one has time to research every company to find out if they are reputable or not. If you do a search on this website for thedigitalnerds.com you don't even get any results, so it may not have mattered if you did try to find info about the company.

You don't have the time to research to see if they are reputable or not? :confused::eek: Then you deserve to get scammed IMO.

It took me less than 1 minute in ResellerRatings.com to find out all I needed to know about them and several other names they go by.

DigitalSuperDeals / Starlight Cameras / Starlightcamera / TheDigitalNerds / Stargate Photo / The Camera Whiz / Wawa Digital