PDA

View Full Version : I need a good compact concert camera.

leslie1023
06-03-2007, 09:09 AM
I'm looking for a good compact camera to take to concerts. I've looked at so many camera reviews. I need something that is going to be good in low light. I want good video with sound (This is really important to me but hardly ever talked about in reviews.). Right now I have a Kodak DX7590, it's just to big to lug around at concerts and the sound of the video isn't that great, but with a compact camera I know I'm going to miss the zoom.

Kind of a side note- I love the panorama mode on my Sony camera phone but I haven't seen that option on any Sony cameras I've looked at. Why not? I would love that on a full size camera.

Budget: The closer to $200 the better, no more than $300.

Size: Something compact that I can fit in my purse or pocket.

How many megapixels will suffice for you: At least 5

What optical zoom will you need: Standard since I want a small camera

How important is “image quality” to you? 8 I want great pictures but I probably won't notice small imperfections.

Do you care for manual controls? No

What will you generally use the camera for? Taking to concerts and just keeping it around for snapshots.

Will you be making big prints of your photos or not? Probably not to big

Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos? Lots of low light photos.

Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos? Probably a lot of action.

Are there particular brands you like or hate? I love my Sony camera phone so that makes me leen toward sony. I don't want Kodak.

Are there particular models you already have in mind? love the look and feel of the Sony W80 but the reviews aren't that great. I also like the Sony W55. I know the Fujifilm F30 is good in low light, but it's a little more than I was wanting to pay and it's a little bulky and I don't really like the xD card. I don't care for the feel of it. Is the F20 as good in low light (or any other Fujifilm?) I've also looked at the Casio EX-Z75.

Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD) Image stabilization would be good. I would like a weatherproof camera but I think that would be to much for me. I also want good video with sound.

David Metsky
06-03-2007, 05:20 PM
If you want low light and compact, the Fuji F-30 or F-31 are the hands down leaders. Lack of zoom will be a problem unless you can get close to the stage on any camera.