PDA

View Full Version : Low light - fast movements

aubreyj
06-03-2007, 12:09 AM
Hi there- I've browsed the forum a little, but don't find another question with the same requirements.. so any help is much appreciated!!

I'm generally a point and shoot kind of person. I travel a lot in poor areas where it's not good to have a bulky, obvious camera (so being pocket size is a bit of a priority)

Recently I've become involved with a dance group, and am responsible for taking most of the pictures. Often they are performing on an indoor stage and I have a lot of trouble catching the fast movements in the low light. Everything comes out blurry and mis-colored. (I have an Optio S5i)

I would love some advice on a way to set my camera so that I can get these shots, but if it's not possible with my Optio, I am open to getting a new one.

I don't know much about this- but one issue I (and I think everyone else...) have with digital cameras is that I press the button, and by the time the camera takes the picture the moment's passed. This is particularly frustrating with dance movements. I don't know how much I'm willing to pay for this feature, but it would really be nice to minimize this time.

I would also like a decent megapixel, and a fair zoom. It doesn't have to be state-of-the-art, but decent because some of the pictures end up in print. It would also be great if the memory was SD (just because I already have so many chips) and it wasn't too expensive (I know, I want the best of both, no all, worlds!)

Is it possible without breaking the bank? Or even if I do break the bank? Haha.. I don't know much at all about photography- like I said- pretty point and shoot. So thank you so much for all the advice and help!!

Rooz
06-03-2007, 01:03 AM
you need a camera with very good iso performance so you can shoot fast shutter speeds in low light. look no further than the fuji f31. its the compact camera iso king.