PDA

View Full Version : Want to buy a compact, fit-in-your pocket camera

BizzaroSephiroth
06-02-2007, 12:59 PM
After a bit of searching I found the Canon PowerShot SD800 IS and the Sony Cybershot N2. I wanted an overall good camera in the $200-300 range that has a good picture quality, fast to turn on and take pictures, and settings for different lighting conditions. I'd like some input on which one to get, if either, or for any suggestions on better cameras.

EDIT:
Budget:
I am willing to pay a bit over $300
Size:
I'd prefer it to be pocket size.
Features:
I guess it would have to be at least 7 megapixels.
Zoom doesn't really matter.
Quality matters a lot to me:10.
I'm not too experienced with camera controls, but manual controls wouldn't hurt.
General Usage:
I'm going to Italy, so I'll be taking a lot of outdoors shots, but I'll also take a lot of low light indoor shots.
I probably won't make big prints.
I might shoot action photos.
Miscellaneous:
I'm not partial to any brand, just whatever's good.
The Canon PowerShot SD800 IS and the Sony Cybershot N2 caught my eye, but I also hear the SD700 might be better. I really don't have experience in looking for cameras.
Image stabilization would help a lot, weatherproof isn't entirely necessary, I don't know about wide angle, and I don't know what hotshoe or rotating LCD are.

AlexMonro
06-03-2007, 02:26 AM
If you want low-light indoor shots, you should consider the Fuji F30 / F31, especially if your subject might be moving (when IS doesn't help so much).