PDA

View Full Version : So confused

Cyn
05-31-2007, 03:47 PM
I am going to buy a new digital camera. I am looking at Canon or Nikon. I will be using it for pictures of my new grandbaby. Most photos will be of people,pets,vacations etc. I want something easy to use, that fixes red eye,stabalizes camera if I shake, also that fixes the lightening if say my pic looks to dark. Prefer small so I can slip it in purse, but that isnt a major issue. I would like to keep it around $300.00 or under if possile. I already have 3 1g sd cards so want to use them if possible. I would appreciate opinions on what camera to buy. Thanks so much.

bascom
06-01-2007, 11:23 AM
Canon A570, Fuji F40.

speaklightly
06-01-2007, 12:35 PM
Cyn-

Bascom has made some excellent suggestions. However, the Canon A-570 IS might be a bit too large to slip into your purse, if your purse is a small purse. Be sure to physically handle any potential camera, so that you are certain about its size, and how it fits your hands.

Unlike the Canon A-570 IS, the Fuji F-40 does not have optical image stabilization nor an optical viewfinder. In place, the Fuji F-40, has a system that automatically increases the ISO setting, so that the shutter speed is increased to deal with the potential camera movement.

I have used similiar Fuji cameras such as the F-10 and F-30 without any problems. However, I felt that the Fuji so called "anti shake" system increased the ISO setting TOO MUCH. Therefore, it was my preference to set the ISO setting myself.

The Fuji F-40 is pleasingly small. There are reviews of both the Canon A-570 IS and the Fuji F-40 right on this website done by our own Jeff Keller. You might want to read both those reviews to see the differences in these two cameras.

Sarah