PDA

View Full Version : Exposure Bracketing or RAW support.

Optimus Rhyme
05-29-2007, 05:37 PM
I've recently gained interest in creating HDR photographs, and find that my camera that I currently own (Canon SD 700IS) is great, but makes the pictures harder to do.

I am in no way a pro with my pictures, that is why I stick with good quality compact cameras. I am looking for a camera that has AEB (Automatic Exposure Bracketing) or supports RAW files.

I would rather have one that does AEB, compared to RAW, but I'm not too picky in that regard.

The thing I am picky with, is that I'd prefer to try to stick with Canon or Sony, and would prefer it to be a compact/ultra compact camera.

Any advice would be welcomed, and even other suggestions too.

Thanks.

Visual Reality
05-29-2007, 05:47 PM
Canon S3. Can do AEB, and can also do RAW with a modified firmware.

Which one is better for HDR?

The compact Fuji's have RAW support as well (at least my Finepix E550 does) and have very good sensors.

Optimus Rhyme
05-30-2007, 01:45 PM
Thanks for the idea, I was actually looking at the S5. That's probably a camera suitable for me then.

I'd prefer to stick with AEB, as then I can just combine the pictures myself. RAW is better if you have a moving object though, as I could do all the post editing and make the HDR too.

I'd really love to stick with an ultra compact camera like the SD 700 IS, but I will have to look elsewhere for my needs it looks.