PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for a very high end point and shoot

Richard from Boca Raton
05-26-2007, 06:35 AM
I currently have a Canon 4MP and wish to upgrade. My criteria for a new camera is that it "must" have at least 7MP and also a "viewfinder" and price is not an issue, anything under like $700.00 However I would like something relatively compact about the size of the new Canon SD 850IS or even the Canon Powershot A570IS. D-SLR cameras appear to be a little to large for me to carry around on trips etc. I looked at the Sony W-200 but it seems to small. I would also like a camera that may have some manual features as I learn more about photography

Does anyone have another camera recommendation or can anyone comment on the picture quality of the Canon A570 or the expectations of the anticipated SD 850IS.

Thanks for any help you can provide as I'm currently completely stuck on which way to go

Sincerely, Richard from Boca Raton, FL

bascom
06-01-2007, 11:31 AM
Yes I'd say Canon SD 850IS and A570IS are the best options. I prefer the A570 because it uses AA's and cost less.

David Metsky
06-01-2007, 01:50 PM
And the SD850 has essentially no manual controls. The A570 seems like a good choice, or an A710 if you want to save a few bucks on a slightly older model.