PDA

View Full Version : Please help me find the right camera

cme
05-19-2007, 05:35 PM
Please help! I'm a real estate agent that needs a wide angle lens camera that is digital so I can download the pictures into the internet and MLS. Please help! Thank you very much.

Budget

* What budget have you allocated for buying this camera? Please be as specific as possible.

Would like under $200
Size

* What size camera are you looking for? Or does size not matter at all to you?
Small as possible-but does not matter

Features

How many megapixels will suffice for you?
I don't really care-just enough

* What optical zoom will you need? (None, Standard = 3x-4x, Ultrazoom = 10x-12x, Other - Specify)
Doesn't matter

* How important is “image quality” to you? (Rate using a scale of 1-10)

Do you care for manual controls?
Doesn't matter

General Usage

* What will you generally use the camera for?
Talking pictures of houses-I need to be very wide so I can fit most of each room in one picture

* Will you be making big prints of your photos or not?
NO

Will you be shooting a lot of indoor photos or low light photos?
Yes

Will you be shooting sports and/or action photos?
No

Miscellaneous

Are there particular brands you like or hate?
NO

Are there particular models you already have in mind?
NO

(If applicable) Do you need any of the following special features? (Wide Angle, Image Stabilization, Weatherproof, Hotshoe, Rotating LCD)
As WIDE as possible

sjseto
05-20-2007, 06:08 PM
By "wide angle lens" I'm assuming you mean wider than 35mm (35mm film equivalent). I don't know that there is one that you can get for less than $200 unless you get it used. But if you can stretch your budget a bit, the Panasonic FX-50 is available for $264 at B&H (http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/447366-REG/Panasonic_DMCFX50S_Lumix_DMC_FX50_Digital_Camera.h tml). It's lens is equivalent to 28-102mm and it has image stabiliaztion, which will come in handy for low-light, no-flash shots of house interiors.

Stephanie