PDA

View Full Version : inclusion in reviews

ReF
12-13-2004, 01:47 AM
Hey Jeff,

I don't mean to bother you with requests since I know how busy you are, but I was wondering if you would be able to include a small section in future reviews about the fastest shutter speeds on cameras that don't have manual shutter speed controls. Let me clear up what I just said: on most of the ultra compact cameras, there are no shutter speed controls. I was wondering if you could mention what the fastest available shutter speed is on these kind of cams. Or if the camera doesn't show what speed is being used, maybe you could take a picture of a fan in use, or wave your hand in front of the camera, or shoot something else that moves at a generally constant speed and show us how the picture came out, so we can get an idea of how well the camera deals with fast action. The section might be better if the cameras were tested with the flash on, and off. I know some cams have an "action" mode but we really don't know just how fast the shutter is, and I am really confused about what the "kids and pets" mode on the SD200/300 does. Would it be too difficult to test if the cameras selected different speeds for different lighting conditions? Does this sound like a bad idea or has someone else brought this up already?

Jeff Keller
12-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Hey Jeff,

I don't mean to bother you with requests since I know how busy you are, but I was wondering if you would be able to include a small section in future reviews about the fastest shutter speeds on cameras that don't have manual shutter speed controls. Let me clear up what I just said: on most of the ultra compact cameras, there are no shutter speed controls. I was wondering if you could mention what the fastest available shutter speed is on these kind of cams. Or if the camera doesn't show what speed is being used, maybe you could take a picture of a fan in use, or wave your hand in front of the camera, or shoot something else that moves at a generally constant speed and show us how the picture came out, so we can get an idea of how well the camera deals with fast action. The section might be better if the cameras were tested with the flash on, and off. I know some cams have an "action" mode but we really don't know just how fast the shutter is, and I am really confused about what the "kids and pets" mode on the SD200/300 does. Would it be too difficult to test if the cameras selected different speeds for different lighting conditions? Does this sound like a bad idea or has someone else brought this up already?

I'll see if I can mention this in the future. Quite often it's not disclosed by the manufacturer... but I'll try.

ReF
12-13-2004, 03:25 PM
hey, thanks a lot! you're great