PDA

View Full Version : Lithium-Polymer Battery

dtpvirtucio
03-27-2007, 09:18 PM
I have a digital camera (Philips PT4434 ulta-slim digital camera) using lithium-polymer battery ("rechargeable, non-removable" as stated int the specifications). It was also stated the the lithium polymer used in the camera recharges automatically when the camera is plugged into a the PC via the USB cable.

I just want to ask the following:

1. Is the said battery can be charged throught direct current, using adaptor? 2. Is the battery can be replaced?

The problem now is before when a recharge it to PC it only last long for a day. Right now when I connect the camera to the PC it does not recharge automatically. Is there a problem with the battery?

Thank you.

Donna

wutske
03-28-2007, 01:40 AM
it's doesn't look like this camera has a connector to attach an adaptor to it, so you can only charge it via USB.
It's possible the battery is damaged (or just used, they won't last forever), have you tried completely discharging and recharging the battery ?
If doesn't recharge at all, it might be possible that your USB doesn't provide enough power, try unplugging some unused USB devices and see if the camera starts the charging process.

Robert Besen
03-28-2007, 04:48 PM
Also, if you are using an external USB hub, it has to be the powered kind, with a separate power supply.

dtpvirtucio
03-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Thanks Wutske & Robert Besen!

I mean USB cable connected to an adaptor like for an MP3 player.

Right now the camera has no power at all. When I turned it on, I'm only heard a beep. I am trying to recharged it into the PC vis USB cable but it doesn't charging.

I have also tried to remove other USB device, but still it doesn't work.

My other problem is, there is no Philips service center here in the Philippines for digital cameras. I do not know if this kind of battery can be replaceable since it is non-removable.

Thank you again...