PDA

View Full Version : Uh oh...spill o rama..

sloman4100
03-14-2007, 08:06 PM
So I have the Konica Minolta Dimage Z2 and I've loved it like a baby for the 3 years that I have had it. Well at Mardi Gras this year we had a few "accidents" and one of those happened to my baby. A beer (small cup) was spilled and some of it ran onto the camera (which was around my neck - so just below the table line). I jumped outta the way, but some managed to make it to the "baby". Now my buttons seem to "stick" *duh* LOL, and when I try to "zoom" it constantly "beep, beep beep" (while it does still zoom though, but not with the great fluid (no pun intended) motion that it used to, but rather does it like I am putting my finger off and on the zoom button, when in fact I am steady holding it down).

Anyone have some suggestions?

I am wanting a new digi, but my pocketbook doesn't right now, so I can't just run out and buy a new one...hoping I can do something to clean this at home or something or at a camera shop for not a MAJOR expense.

Any suggestions would be immensely helpful!

And in case you wanted to know...it was Miller Light spilled LOL!

Thanks so much
Elizabeth

sloman4100
03-29-2007, 08:25 AM
Well I got it fixed - I went to radio shack and bought some contact cleaner - for $15 and came home and used as directed and my good ol Dimage is back to normal......

Bummer because I was REALLY working it that I needed a new camera especially now that this one kept sticking....hahaa

Elizabeth