PDA

View Full Version : Need a budget camera

bythesea
10-31-2006, 11:34 AM
Hi. I need to buy a new camera and my budget is between say 60 and up to 130. Ideally the former. I dropped the last camera but it only cost me 50 anyway, and lasted for 2 years so it did ok.

Essentials are at least 4mpx, 3x optical zoom, optical viewfinder, and I already have an SD card so that would be handy. I prefer something larger in size to hold, rather than something smaller. I enjoy taking pics but rarely print them out, but if pushed would say quality in terms of less 'noise' in the picture is important.

As I do have a limited budget it would be better if I found something at the cheap end that would do the job. At the moment the Vivicam 4000 is at ebuyer for 80 inc delivery; and I have seen some factory refurbished Fuji 550on ebay for about 70.

If I go to something more expensive obviously pics would generally be of better quality.

Sample pics from the vivicam 4000 here are pretty impressive:

http://www.pbase.com/adamantski/vivitar_vivicam_4000

Thanks.

timmciglobal
10-31-2006, 12:14 PM
What is canon A430 runs about 85 british pounds it seems (according to pricegrabber.co.uk)

Tim

JPW2020
10-31-2006, 01:08 PM
I'd pay a little bit more than your bottom price if I were you.If you look on Amazon.co.uk under electronics and then Digital Cameras 50 to 100 price category there is quite a choice including the Canon A430 for 80.99

Better still the 5mp Canon A530 for 95.20.There are other comparable cameras from Nikon or Kodak.I personally wouldn't go for a Vivitar.Its not a particularly popular brand nowadays.With a known brand such as Canon or Nikon you shouldn't be disappointed.