PDA

View Full Version : Rechargeable batteries for Kodak CX7430

eilros
11-17-2004, 08:05 AM
I just bought a CX7430 yesterday and want to get some inexpensive, reliable rechargeable batteries. What choice would be my best option?

D70FAN
11-17-2004, 02:21 PM
I just bought a CX7430 yesterday and want to get some inexpensive, reliable rechargeable batteries. What choice would be my best option?

Inexpensive and reliable are not necessarily inclusive, and a good charger is half of that equation. You can buy cheaper, and more expensive than MAHA and Powerex, but you can't buy "better".

I have purchased cheap NiMH batteries only to have them fail in the field, and I have bought cheaper (not by much) chargers and perform very poorly on charging time and capacity.

Again, I speak from experience over the past 8 years. Cheap is not a good thing when it comes to battereies and chargers. Here is the place:

http://nimhbattery.com/mh-c204f-4aa230dc.htm

kageasage
12-10-2004, 11:57 AM
If you are looking for cheap batteries it all depends on how much you are going to use your camera! (i am a poor college student!) I have a small olympus digi camera that types AA batteries. I dont have enough money to buy a rechargeable set + the charger so i am still useing regular batteries. I have not really had a problem since i dont use the camera all too often. The one thing i do have to say is if you go my route dont buy the Heavy Duty Batteries they do not last as long as Alkaline Batteries! I usually buy an 4 pack of alkaline batteries and i am set for a while. Good Luck!

ktixx
12-11-2004, 04:30 AM
Basically when you are buying rechargeable batteries just look at one thing mAh (Milli-Amp Hours), The higher this number the better. A good set of rechargeable batteies will have about 2000 mAh.

fdnywangroup
12-28-2004, 02:53 PM
I have read that this is a good charger.
I have read mixed reviews on the the MAHA MH-C204W.
Some people recommend it, while others say it charges the battery to hot.
Anybody else hear anything about the The MAHA MH-C204W