PDA

View Full Version : No review for Panasonic FZ15

mario_sav
11-15-2004, 09:42 AM
Why havenīt you reviewed this camera?. You have reviewed all other panas.

I want to buy the FZ15 but i need more reviews there's only 1 or 2 so could you please review it?.

Thanks.

Jeff Keller
11-15-2004, 10:42 AM
Why havenīt you reviewed this camera?. You have reviewed all other panas.

I want to buy the FZ15 but i need more reviews there's only 1 or 2 so could you please review it?.

Thanks.

Not going to happen. It all boils down to this: I can't review everything.

BahianoWRC
12-09-2004, 01:20 PM
please review this excellent alternative to the fz20 :D

ReF
12-12-2004, 04:03 AM
please review this excellent alternative to the fz20 :D

Isn't this pretty much the same camera as the Z20 except the only difference being 4meg instead of 5? I really don't think a review is neccessary. In fact, I think that it wasn't neccessary to review both the SD200 AND the SD300 since the test results were pretty much the same (thanks for reviewing them anyways Jeff). Same goes for the A75 and A85, although it seems to be a little more neccessary for these two since they are so popular. Do you really need someone to hold your hand here?

Payne
12-12-2004, 06:42 AM
Jeff said he cant review everything,
however as Ref pointed out, Jeff has reviewed very pretty similiar cameras like the Canon SD300 and SD200, Canon A85 and 75 - I wonder why does he prefer review ALL CANON products????
IMO the FZ15 is not the same as the FZ20, the lower Iso equivalent to 64 makes the difference, Jeff criticized a lot the noise level on the FZ20 - but I believe it wont happen with the FZ15.
Even Imaging-resource has already reviewed the FZ15 and FZ3, and according to their forum, they are currently reviewing the FZ20 - if the FZ15 will be the same as the FZ20 why do they take the time in reviewing those camaras??? - well, it's really a shame that Jeff leans to certain brands and models, there's no logical explanation for this attitude, a couple of months ago Jeff told me that he was not to review the FZ15 because it was quite a bit similar to the FZ20....but....what about the Canons mentioned above (and it is just only an example) :confused:

PhilR.
12-12-2004, 10:27 AM
I can't believe that people would come on this forum and whine about the lack of information that they get FOR FREE (don't worry Bahiano, I know you were just kidding, and Mario, you were just asking). If you want a review, you can: a) go somewhere else - again for free, b) send the editor an FZ15 and ask if he/she can fit it into their schedule, or c) do it yourself and post the results here.

I agree w/ReF - the difference between the 15 and 20 is negligeable, and another review isn't going to help. The possible difference in noise issues secondary to different ISO settings is moot at this level, because any difference will be slight and can be improved with software, and also because it isn't just ISO that makes a difference, it is the amount of pixels crammed onto the sensor as well. IOW, the 15 has 1mp less on probably the same size sensor - you would *expect* it's images to be slightly less noisy. One does not need a review to tell you that. One does not need another review to find out the lack of 1mp and a hotshoe.

The reviewer here is not obligated to meet anyone's criteria for camera reviewer. If you don't like the way he runs things here, then that is your problem alone, and not his. Perhaps you would be happier and whine less if you start your own dc site.....

PhilR.

Payne
12-12-2004, 05:10 PM
What do you mean?? I should say nothing when there's something I considere is in the wrong way, just because the information is for FREE - Do I have to believe in everything is posted on the web when it is for FREE??? Should I only question the information contained on those pages that I pay for?? Im really sorry but my behaviour is in NO WAY submissive.
There're thousand of sites on Internet with biased information about everything, - I have the right to disagree with them if I estimate things are not working properly.

leadeater
12-12-2004, 07:50 PM
I should say nothing when there's something I considere is in the wrong way?

There's the problem -- it's not that there is something actually wrong here (there isn't), it is just that things here aren't the way *you* think they should be. You are unable to determine the difference between wrong and someone else's way of doing things, and therefore you put up a message that implies impropriety.

Yes, you have the right to disagree with something, but complaining about how someone else goes about running his business just because you don't agree is just plain whining, especially when one puts up such an accusatory message such as yours. I see no need to question any of the information presented by the reviewer, nor do I see any bias in the way in which it is provided.

PhilR.

Jeff Keller
12-13-2004, 12:05 AM
News flash: Jeff is human! He deserves some rest. I have reviewed 22 cameras since September 1st. I do not have a "staff" of writers like the other sites. I'm already WAY too busy and believe me, it takes a toll. And for the most part, it's a pretty thankless job.

I try to cover a wide variety of cameras. The FZ15 is so similar to the FZ20, so I chose not to review it.

ReF
12-13-2004, 12:43 AM
I can't believe that people would come on this forum and whine about the lack of information that they get FOR FREE (don't worry Bahiano, I know you were just kidding, and Mario, you were just asking). If you want a review, you can: a) go somewhere else - again for free, b) send the editor an FZ15 and ask if he/she can fit it into their schedule, or c) do it yourself and post the results here.

I agree w/ReF - the difference between the 15 and 20 is negligeable, and another review isn't going to help. The possible difference in noise issues secondary to different ISO settings is moot at this level, because any difference will be slight and can be improved with software, and also because it isn't just ISO that makes a difference, it is the amount of pixels crammed onto the sensor as well. IOW, the 15 has 1mp less on probably the same size sensor - you would *expect* it's images to be slightly less noisy. One does not need a review to tell you that. One does not need another review to find out the lack of 1mp and a hotshoe.

The reviewer here is not obligated to meet anyone's criteria for camera reviewer. If you don't like the way he runs things here, then that is your problem alone, and not his. Perhaps you would be happier and whine less if you start your own dc site.....

PhilR.

Bahiano, were you really just kidding? it's hard to tell. if you were, then I offer my apologies for sounding... unfriendly.

Hey Jeff, thanks for putting the L1 back on the review list. I thought you had decided to not review it since there has been no word about for so long. Can't find any professional reviews on it anywhere, and I've been thinking about that one as a gift for somebody. I like the p150 but it's so expensive (L1 isn't all that cheap for something you give away either!), and the L1 seems to have quite a bit of softness. Thanks for providing the gallery update with both the p150 and the L1 so that I could compare shots. There really seems to be a huge difference between the two if you look closely!

Payne
12-13-2004, 06:04 AM
I see no need to question any of the information presented by the reviewer, nor do I see any bias in the way in which it is provided.
PhilR.

If we say always "YES YES YES" Things are not gonna NEVER be improved....that kind of attitude is reactionary and underdeveloped....I'll NEVER share your particullarly point of view - just check the Jeff K. answer, he insists on the fz15 is the same as the fz20......quite funny.......it seems he does not realize that the SD200 and SD300 / A75 and A85 are also pretty the same, much more than the FZ15 vs the FZ20.
Anyway, nothing else to say....be happy with your FREE site.

ReF
12-13-2004, 03:39 PM
If we say always "YES YES YES" Things are not gonna NEVER be improved....that kind of attitude is reactionary and underdeveloped....I'll NEVER share your particullarly point of view - just check the Jeff K. answer, he insists on the fz15 is the same as the fz20......quite funny.......it seems he does not realize that the SD200 and SD300 / A75 and A85 are also pretty the same, much more than the FZ15 vs the FZ20.
Anyway, nothing else to say....be happy with your FREE site.

whoa whao WHOA! this is a great site! what are you complaining about? sure there's room for improvement in almost every aspect of life but this is really one of the best sites out there! Things ARE improving, but it's up to the guy who runs the show what he wants to improve/work on first. Everyone has got different opinions, and you can't do what everyone else wants. And YES I am quite happy with my free site (i'm sure pretty much everyone else is too) and i think it would really suck if it weren't free. Not only that, Jeff is still Jeff, and I don't he'd be able to do any more reviews than he can now even if it were a pay-site.

leadeater
12-13-2004, 05:52 PM
just check the Jeff K. answer, he insists on the fz15 is the same as the fz20......quite funny.....

One has to go far and wide to find someone with reading comprehension as poor as yours. No one ever said that the two cameras were the same (probably because they aren't). In fact, the only one here that keeps saying that is you, and that is what's *really funny*....

PhilR. (occasionally logged on as leadeater...)

Payne
12-14-2004, 05:58 AM
PhilR. (occasionally logged on as leadeater...)

and occasionally logged on as Jeff Keller....ha.
C'mon Jeff is time to release some DCRESOURCE souvenirs....It's for sure PhilR. is eager to buy the whole production......poor fellow.

Jeff Keller
12-14-2004, 11:21 AM
This thread has gotten ridiculous... I'm closing it down. And Payne, you're halfway to ban city.