PDA

View Full Version : AA Battery Size over 2300mAh

ben7337
07-26-2006, 07:18 PM
I was reading a review for a camera a while ago and I heard that 2500 mAh or maybe it was 2800mAh AA batteries were slightly larger than regular AA batteries and that the person who used them got them stuck in a maglite and had to break the maglite to get the batteries out. is it true that these batteries are larger? what mAh would be recommended for the Canon A620? it already has amazing life supposedly getting 500 shots out of 2300mAh but I want to get the most I can out of it and would like the know what mAh people here recommend. thanks for your time.

AlexMonro
07-27-2006, 02:38 AM
The physical size of AA batteries is a standard, irrespective of capacity. It's possible that some of the cheaper manufacturers may be a bit sloppier in their tolerances, but a good quality make should be no problem.

If you think you might need more than 500 shots from your A620 between charges, or you use flash a lot, then maybe higher capacity might help - I use Ansmann 2600mAh and 2700mAh in my Fuji S9500. They seem to be a bit better for self discharge than the cheapo 2300mAh cells I used previously.

You might find it more useful to carry a spare set of batteries. Most camera battery meters are not precisely accurate, and the law of cussedness states that batteries will tend to die at the most awkward time.

ben7337
07-27-2006, 07:47 AM
I do plan on carrying an extra set of batteries but it would probably only be like a set of alkalines because in one day I doubt I would be using up 500 pictures of battery life. if I had an extra set of NiMH batteries they would be back at the place I am staying at so I could put them in at night and charge up the ones I used all day so i do not risk forgetting to put batteries in my camera.

ben7337
07-27-2006, 07:50 AM
oh almost forgot to say I do not have the A620 and I am going to wait until its replacement comes out. it should be announced sometime in august around the 20th or that is what is expected anyway. However since I want the camera for vacations and trips to places I rarely go I might not even buy a camera until the replacement for the replacement of the A620 comes out. it all depends on if I get to go on vacation next year. I am only a teen and need to save money for college and a car so I cannot go spending money on vacations.