PDA

View Full Version : KM Z3 Video Mode - PAL TV compatibility

broadway
11-08-2004, 01:00 AM
Has anyone Z3 user tested to take some video movie at 640x480, 30fps and then to play it directly on a PAL TV (/w refresh rate 25 fps). Does setting "PAL" on camera do the job or there's a missinchronization?
My concern is if I will be able to get some video clips with Z3 and to move them directly to my old VCR or to watch them on my TV - both are PAL only, no NTSC, no 30 fps vertical refresh.
Please, do me a favour, check this. Especially those who live in Europe.
That should be a kind of test before I buy... I must order it from USA and I am from Bulgaria.
:confused:

Thanks.

jmpetersen
12-03-2004, 10:43 AM
Has anyone Z3 user tested to take some video movie at 640x480, 30fps and then to play it directly on a PAL TV (/w refresh rate 25 fps). Does setting "PAL" on camera do the job or there's a missinchronization?
My concern is if I will be able to get some video clips with Z3 and to move them directly to my old VCR or to watch them on my TV - both are PAL only, no NTSC, no 30 fps vertical refresh.
Please, do me a favour, check this. Especially those who live in Europe.
That should be a kind of test before I buy... I must order it from USA and I am from Bulgaria.
:confused:

Thanks.

From the review on this site:
Let's move on to the setup menu now. The items here include:

Video output (NTSC, PAL)

Looks to me that it should be as simple as a menu setting, and you're on your way.