PDA

View Full Version : Do faster chargers affect battery life?

zahara
07-19-2004, 12:22 PM
I have heard that faster chargers decrease the battery life. Is that true? I am thinking about buying a Canon PowerShot A80. Which batteries and charger would you recommend and why? Thanks!

Jake Conner
07-19-2004, 07:33 PM
All of Maha's current models rock. Buy through Thomas Distributing via the front page of this site so Jeff'll get a few pennies.

Jake

ruben
08-04-2004, 09:45 AM
In my experience normal chargable batteries last about 20 charges and after that they start to die quicker. If you get better quality ones such as LENMAR with NoMEM effect they will last around 500 charges which is a nice increase. Most of the reason for this is because they are Ni-Metal Hydride. I would not go with Durracell or Energizer recharagble batteries, it might end up being more expensive for you in the long run. If you want recharagble batteries that are good I would go with the better brands. I personally use LENMAR. Go check out Zbattery.com they have lots of batteries!:)

Regards.

Rhys
08-07-2004, 10:40 AM
In my experience normal chargable batteries last about 20 charges and after that they start to die quicker. If you get better quality ones such as LENMAR with NoMEM effect they will last around 500 charges which is a nice increase. Most of the reason for this is because they are Ni-Metal Hydride. I would not go with Durracell or Energizer recharagble batteries, it might end up being more expensive for you in the long run. If you want recharagble batteries that are good I would go with the better brands. I personally use LENMAR. Go check out Zbattery.com they have lots of batteries!:)

Regards.

What a complete load of rubbish. This looks very much like spamvertising for some dodgy website.

I use any old NiMh and get way more than 20 charges out of them.