PDA

View Full Version : Lithium batteries- Metal detector?

farthingdr
05-12-2006, 12:15 AM
Hi, I am going on a trip tomorrow and am planning to use lithium batteries in my digital camera. I was wondering if extra batteries in a purse would set off the metal detector at a concert venue or airport?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks for your time.

CptOfGondor
05-13-2006, 08:50 AM
Metal Detectors have always enthralled me. Like at an amusement park I went to with my friend a few years back, my bag got by and it had my house keys and my wallet full of coins. Then my friend's bag got snared can they asked him to either drink the pop or throw'em out. I was like "WTF". LoL. I saw no monitors on the site yet they were able to determine to a large extent what the metal signatures were.

My advice would be that you just take out anything that might be of suspicion and show it to the guards. At least it will save time just incase there is a mix up and the embrassment of having your bag turned upside down and searched.

Rhys
05-13-2006, 11:18 AM
My advice would be that you just take out anything that might be of suspicion and show it to the guards. At least it will save time just incase there is a mix up and the embrassment of having your bag turned upside down and searched.

Lol. I am always amused when security guards search my bags so I always try to leave something interesting that will raise eyebrows in it such as a pair of used stockings or a lipstick or a pair of women's panties etc :p

Thai
05-13-2006, 07:48 PM
Lol. I am always amused when security guards search my bags so I always try to leave something interesting that will raise eyebrows in it such as a pair of used stockings or a lipstick or a pair of women's panties etc :p
Well then they might not let you through for sure! :p lol.

Rhys
05-13-2006, 08:40 PM
Well then they might not let you through for sure! :p lol.

I did raise eyebrows crossing the Belorussian border on the train once. The border guard asked me what I was carrying and I answered (since we were both speaking Russian) upon which he took great interest in inspecting my bags. The problem there was that I thought I'd told him "clothing" but I had used the 19th century word for clothing which now commonly means "women's dresses" although formally it was still correct to say "dress clothes". He thought he had a transvestite on his hands and looked somewhat disappointed to find tee-shirts and jeans - lol.