PDA

View Full Version : Fake - Genuine OEM Batteries

Jim Last
11-02-2004, 10:27 AM
Having read so many mixed reviews about using non OEM batteries versus Genuine ones, I was wondering if anyone here has had any experiences with listed Genuine OEM batteries from sources such as Ebay.

I have noticed a whole range of sellers, who will have you think that they are selling genuine bateries from the manufacturers but now it seems that the majority of these sellers are selling fake manufacturer batteries to the unasuming buyer. Whether this is deliberate who knows :rolleyes:

Now we all know about 'buyer beware' :) and that if it looks too cheap to believe then don't! But is there anyone who has used this route to buy batteries and found them to be 100% genuine OEM products.

Rhys
11-02-2004, 12:06 PM
Having read so many mixed reviews about using non OEM batteries versus Genuine ones, I was wondering if anyone here has had any experiences with listed Genuine OEM batteries from sources such as Ebay.

I have noticed a whole range of sellers, who will have you think that they are selling genuine bateries from the manufacturers but now it seems that the majority of these sellers are selling fake manufacturer batteries to the unasuming buyer. Whether this is deliberate who knows :rolleyes:

Now we all know about 'buyer beware' :) and that if it looks too cheap to believe then don't! But is there anyone who has used this route to buy batteries and found them to be 100% genuine OEM products.

I have never known anybody buying anything on ebay that was exactly as described. I had a convict working in my charity shop, serving his community service sentence, who had been convicted for flogging fake clothes, videos, cds etc via ebay. I'd always say avoid e-fraud-bay.

Jim Last
11-02-2004, 12:23 PM
Well made point :D

Are there any internet suppliers of genuine FZ20 batteries other then Panasonic?

Jim Last
11-04-2004, 04:21 AM
Got two batteries from JNTMobile - Ebay Seller based Hong Kong, lists the items as genuine from manufacturer!

Received batteries now and on close inspection, thanks to pbase.com (http://www.pbase.com/10kzoomfz/fz10_battery_pics), these seem to be imposters :eek:

But I hear you say, do they work, and surprisingly yes they do :)

They both fit the charger and camera fine with no excessive pushing or forcing, so these are obviously a better fit that many upfront non-OEM battery sellers. I would not go as far to reccommend you buying these batteries as even at a 1/4 of Panas Genuine part price, I would find myself looking at either a genuine one next time or a non-OEM one that has had its praises sung by a lot of you all here.

I will post here later the outcome of charge time and the number of shots able to be taken.

Jim Last
11-04-2004, 05:40 AM
The charge time for both batteries was just short of 60mins (Genuine Pana 90mins).

Usage, I have yet to really be able to tell. I have burst shot two entire 256MB cards, and taken 200 shots, whilst these have been pretty much one after the other with no real delay between shots that batteries still are showing full power. I fully expect these batteries to not have the life of the genuine ones but at 12.99 versus 57.59 I really have to say ~I can't complain.

Jim Last
11-04-2004, 06:47 AM
Just found that Jessops offer a Panasonic Battery for the FZ10 thus fits the FZ20 aswell for 39.99 look here (http://www.jessops.com/search/viewproduct.cfm?Product=PANDMCFZ10BAT&CFID=4599377&CFTOKEN=2be97d0-f275374e-9758-424c-809b-529e0214560e) I called to ask if this was a genuine part and was told yes the part is made by panasonic. So although not the cheapest route to take, it is still a 17.50 saving on the Panasonic website price.

Shortfall is there is a 2/3 week lead time on delivery.

Rhys
11-04-2004, 07:27 AM
Just found that Jessops offer a Panasonic Battery for the FZ10 thus fits the FZ20 aswell for 39.99 look here (http://www.jessops.com/search/viewproduct.cfm?Product=PANDMCFZ10BAT&CFID=4599377&CFTOKEN=2be97d0-f275374e-9758-424c-809b-529e0214560e) I called to ask if this was a genuine part and was told yes the part is made by panasonic. So although not the cheapest route to take, it is still a 17.50 saving on the Panasonic website price.

Shortfall is there is a 2/3 week lead time on delivery.

http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/normal_search_result.php?keywords=panasonic+batter y&x=0&y=0

Is the FZ10/20 battery listed here? If so then it's under ten quid.

Jim Last
11-04-2004, 10:42 AM
Arh but yes this battery will fit the FZ's but is not a genuine Panasonic replacement part.

Rhys
11-04-2004, 01:01 PM
Arh but yes this battery will fit the FZ's but is not a genuine Panasonic replacement part.

As long as it works at least half as well as the real part, who cares since it's quarter of the price!

Jim Last
11-04-2004, 02:30 PM
I agree fully :D

fp944s2
04-05-2005, 06:50 PM
:mad: Have just bought a battery on e-bay from astec888 in Hong Kong. The battery would not charge (charger light flashes red) and on closer inspection there are anomalies in the printing on the label on the back of the battery (eg "BATT.ERYPACK" vs. "BATTERYPACK"), and the terminals are a different size.
Seller is claiming genuine so either he's being conned or he's conning me.