PDA

View Full Version : just when you thought it was safe to go into the water...

Rhys
10-30-2004, 07:38 PM
Just when you thought it was safe to go back into the water, along comes yet another memory card format.

Look at: http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=777_4_402&products_id=99237. Why on earth would anybody want a mini SD card???

propwash
10-30-2004, 09:18 PM
I'm not sure why they need a mini SD. I saw an ad the other day for the card and an adapter so that you could use it in a slot designed for a regular SD card. I think they mentioned that it was going to be used in very small applications, like music players (similar to I-pods) and very small PDA type devices. I thought the regular SD was plenty small. I don't see why we need a smaller version.

Rhys
10-31-2004, 11:35 AM
I'm not sure why they need a mini SD. I saw an ad the other day for the card and an adapter so that you could use it in a slot designed for a regular SD card. I think they mentioned that it was going to be used in very small applications, like music players (similar to I-pods) and very small PDA type devices. I thought the regular SD was plenty small. I don't see why we need a smaller version.

I can't really imagine anything smaller than SD being at all practical. I find the SIM card on my GSM mobile phone is quite small and I don't think that's much smaller than a SD card.

Personally I prefer Compact Flash as there's plenty to grab hold of and you can hear it if you drop it accidentally.