PDA

View Full Version : CompactFlash - Experiences&Advice

Nick
07-02-2004, 10:29 AM
What's your pick for the brand, and why? Have you stories and advice to share? :)

I've been using Sandisk ever since I got one of these:

http://www.ctcusa.com/ctcnet/Support/Images/8mb.jpg

And I'm not quite even sure when that was. Now have a number of their cards, including four of the 512MB Extreme Series. Sterotypically, I once managed to invite my 64MB for a trip to the washing machine, photographs and all. Came through fine, and this was the older card, so I can think the newer series are just as good - if not better.

I also own two Lexars: a 256 ( 12x ) and a 512 ( 24x ). One of them ceased working the first week around - although the 512 has been working away just fine for some time now.

GregC
07-02-2004, 11:49 AM
I picked up a SimpleTech 256mb card at my local Microcenter when I got my 4mp Minolta S414, and chose it because of the good price. Soon after I picked up another, and am now happily using them with my Fuji S7000 ( :) ). They're not too slow, and (so far) have been very reliable. Great price, also.

gro2709
07-04-2004, 02:00 PM
I've been using and having LOTS of good luck with the SanDisk Ultra II 512 MB and the Lexar Professional WA (40x) 1 GB. Both these disks are tremendous cards and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them both. I will be buying yet another card and haven't decided what to buy. Eventually, I'd like to have four cards, two each of 512 and 1 GB but none over 1 GB.

tksuther
07-06-2004, 06:59 AM
I have a Sandisk 1GB Ultra II and a Viking 512. Both work well. Typically, I use the Viking in my Canon A80 and the Sandisk in my Nikon D70. The Sandisk is great in the D70 especially if I want to shoot RAW. It holds about 275 fine JPEG shots and well over 100 RAW shots.

BuyDigitalMemory
07-18-2004, 10:20 AM
SanDisk seems to be the best seller. They claim to be the leader in the industry. But others seem to be just as competitive. Our site carries most of the major brands for comparison.

http://www.BuyDigitalMemory.com

Rhys
07-18-2004, 10:44 AM
I have an assortment:
Sandisk,
Dane-Elec,
Lead Data,
Fujifilm and
Lexar.

They all seem to work quite well. I've never had any problems that haven't been solved by pushing the card fully into the reader.