PDA

View Full Version : problem: z5 recording movies

Jimmybigeyes
03-31-2006, 11:23 AM
When I record a movie with my Z5, after 30 seconds or something audio is falling behind on the video. It get worse until at some point it seems fixed again, and then audio starts falling behind again.
I had the store where I bought the z5 check a different Z5 with the fastest SD card they had (canīt remember the brand, though) and the exact same thing happened.

Is this normal? It makes the video-function quite useless in my opinion...
Maybe someone recommends a specific SD card that solves the problem?

JPW2020
04-01-2006, 02:25 AM
:) This is a known problem with KM movie mode.It was the same with my KM.Dimage A200.I dont think changing the SD Card will make any difference.With the A200 the audio lag was consistent thru the clip resulting in out of synch video.However you can resolve this once you have copied your clips to your PC with the right software.I recommend MP4Cam2AVI an excellent free program you can find at http://sourceforge.net/projects/mp4cam2avi. There should be no increase in file size and it is quick. I used it both to convert the .mov files produced by my A200 to Avi and it will remove lag between picture and sound . Give it a try.

JPW2020
04-01-2006, 03:07 AM
I also forgot to say that if you decide to use the program you find the audio settings under the "Advanced Settings" button and I found for the A200 the setting that synched the sound and picture for me was -320(minus 320).

Jimmybigeyes
04-01-2006, 03:28 AM
Thanks, Iīll give it a try.Itīs kind of studid KM would release a camera with such an obvious problem...

Many thanks for the fast reply!

jim