PDA

View Full Version : d50, now or wait??

hiorgos
02-09-2006, 10:48 AM
hi

Its my first post in this forum, so hello to everyone! Im starting with fotography, getting really interested! Now im using a nikon f75d + sigma 28-200mm and a nikkor 50mm f1.8 d which i recently bought, so happy with it!

So im thinking to go digital, my digi camera, a pentax optio 5mp shows a lot of distortion when i get the 100% resolution, and i hope that a jump up to a d50 will give me a better resolution and image quality. (Is that so??)

As a d200 is too far in my budget, i think that the d50 looks like the entry choice. I have seen it with a new lower price, BUT does that mean that a new d50 is coming? Should i wait a bit? im not in a hurry to buy it, apart from the digital rush.

Many thanks!

beachluvr
02-09-2006, 11:06 AM
hi

Its my first post in this forum, so hello to everyone! Im starting with fotography, getting really interested! Now im using a nikon f75d + sigma 28-200mm and a nikkor 50mm f1.8 d which i recently bought, so happy with it!

So im thinking to go digital, my digi camera, a pentax optio 5mp shows a lot of distortion when i get the 100% resolution, and i hope that a jump up to a d50 will give me a better resolution and image quality. (Is that so??)

As a d200 is too far in my budget, i think that the d50 looks like the entry choice. I have seen it with a new lower price, BUT does that mean that a new d50 is coming? Should i wait a bit? im not in a hurry to buy it, apart from the digital rush.

Many thanks!

The D50 is relatively new and selling in large numbers worldwide, so it doesn't fit any pattern Nikon has had to schedule it for replacement soon. Price drops often are made for other reasons than a product being discontinued ... the DSLR market is hugely competitive right now.

The D50 is an amazing product for the price and has had solid reviews. It would be hard to think of it as a bad choice for anyone in that price range.

All that being said, the market should be seeing some interesting announcements in the next 30 days or so. If you have time time to wait and the urge to own the latest model, it couldn't hurt to sit it out a little.

Jason25
02-09-2006, 01:00 PM
It took Nikon 3 years to replace the D100, it'll probably be a little while :)