PDA

View Full Version : Does Anyone Have An Idea Whats Going On?

JackFlash
02-08-2006, 02:15 AM
I just got a new Nikon D70s camera and everytime I insert the cable into the usb port it resets then resets again going to a menu screen with a bunch of options, like safe mode, start the pc from when it was working correctly and some other stuff.

I had also tried the card reader with the same result, so I know its not the camera. I tried unplugging another usb port thinking I had too much plugged in but it did the same thing.

Everything is installed. I run windows XP. I'm thinking its the pc not the camera but i'm not sure.

If anyone has any insight on to what may be causing this, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

coldrain
02-08-2006, 02:33 AM
Other USB devices like a scanner or printer work ok?
It sounds like a USB driver that gets started when the camera is detected crashes XP. Try deinstalling all Nikon softwareand related USB drivers, and install everything again, newest drivers from the web, and see if it stops crashing XP.

drew_viii
02-08-2006, 05:28 PM
i had encountered same issues too, but not with nikon cameras...

coldrain is right... might be the usb driver, but if ever printer and other usb devices not working, i think it would be the usb driver and the windows SP2... in order to install usb 2.0 to your computer, you need SP2-service pack from windows in order to work, i dont really quite understand the whole process, but i know thats the main reason of most usb problems that crashes xp, ive encountered this for like 5 times with my PC and laptop... its really a headache to fix it... anyways... good luck fixing it :)

jcon
02-08-2006, 06:19 PM
If thats the cause, its quite simple, go the the microsoft updates page and download the SP2 service pack.