PDA

View Full Version : If you are a D70 shooter, this ones for you.

D70FAN
02-07-2006, 10:51 AM
If you have ever wondered about shooting professionally with the D70, you may find this article inspiring. I love a minimalist. Nothing fancy, just basic storytelling photo's.

Apparently moire' and artifacts are not a problem.;)

http://www.robgalbraith.com/bins/content_page.asp?cid=7-7891-8193

jamison55
02-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Wow, this guy sums up my approach to wedding photography perfectly:

"There are two ways to not be there," David says. "One is to be a fly on the wall, like Henri Cartier-Bresson. He was somehow able to disappear. I do it the other way. I want to be part of what's going on, so I insinuate myself into the situation and take part in whatever it is people are doing. They forget about me as the photographer." And in those instances when the people he's photographing make eye contact, they're seeing David, not an outsider with a camera.

Clyde
02-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Recently I've been lusting for a 17-85 2.8 L. The tamron 28-75 doesn't seem to go wide enough, and I can't imagine sacrificing anything on the long end. It is really worthwhile to be reminded of how much can be done with even less than I have. While I don't think I will go to just using my 50 prime, maybe I can stop longing for imaginary lenses.

Thanks for the link...

Clyde

D70FAN
02-07-2006, 03:54 PM
Recently I've been lusting for a 17-85 2.8 L. The tamron 28-75 doesn't seem to go wide enough, and I can't imagine sacrificing anything on the long end. It is really worthwhile to be reminded of how much can be done with even less than I have. While I don't think I will go to just using my 50 prime, maybe I can stop longing for imaginary lenses.

Thanks for the link...

Clyde

There have been several times when I say "jeez I wish this 18-125 zoom could get down to f/2.8"... start thinking about that $1400 Nikkor 28-70 f/2.8... and then realize that I'm shooting the zoom at 30-60mm anyway. Doh! I have a 35 f/2 and a 50 f/1.8 in my fannypack. Change lenses and voila! happy camper, and without dinging my credit card for $1400. Maybe I will look at getting that 20mm f/2.8 after all.

Seems that Canon has a 20 f/2.8 USM as well.;)