PDA

View Full Version : Using diff brands of Ni-MH together?

freakphoto
01-28-2006, 10:42 PM
Hello ,
I am using Canon A-75 and i bought a set of 4 CAMELION NI-MH RECHARGEABLE BATTERIES 2500 mAH along with the charger.

Now 1 of the battery doesnt charge at all, which i think has gone dead. Now unfortunately i have re-located and the place where i stay now, none of the dealers seem to have Camelion Batteries, they only have Uniross, sony, etc.

So now what i want to know is, if i buy a pack of 2 Uniross batteries(since single batteries are not available), if i use 3 camelion and 1 uniross in my camera, is there any possibility of getting the camera getting spolit? Will the camelion battery charge the Uniross battery as well? Will mixing diff type of betteries spoil the batteries?

Kindly help me ASAP, as i want to buy batteries withing 24 hours!

Thanks a lot!

Bill Markwick
01-29-2006, 04:48 AM
Hello ,
So now what i want to know is, if i buy a pack of 2 Uniross batteries(since single batteries are not available), if i use 3 camelion and 1 uniross in my camera, is there any possibility of getting the camera getting spolit? Will the camelion battery charge the Uniross battery as well? Will mixing diff type of betteries spoil the batteries?
Thanks a lot!

If the batteries all have the same capacity, you can mix brands. Mixing different capacities in the charger is never a good idea - some chargers can test the charging cell by cell, but most don't. If you mix them, you could end up overcharging the low cells, or undercharging the high-capacity cells.

In any case, your camera is safe.

Some members report good luck with no-name (or oddly-named) batteries, but I've always found that they don't meet their capacity specs and go steadily downhill from there. Since batteries won't break the bank, it's worth getting a set of dependable name-brand, and then you're set for 500 charges or more.

Bill

penz
01-29-2006, 05:31 AM
I have had very good luck with the Energizer 2300mAH NiMH's in my Romote Contol Car and plane transmiters for a while. Some times you need to give the batteries a "jump start" by hitting them with around 2.5-3 volts for a few minutes and then they will charge like normal. When I do this I keep the battery in my hand so I know if it is getting hot. As soon as it starts to warm up disconect it and let it cool down. Then the battery might start charging.