PDA

View Full Version : Memory Stick Question

liv2crew
10-19-2004, 05:47 PM
I am going to be getting the Sony DSC-P72. I was looking into extra memory, and was confused about my choices. First of all, I think I am going to be getting either a 256 or 512 MB card. What is the difference between the normal, Pro, Ultra II, and Duo styles? It says some of the cards are different sizes. How would different sized cards fit into a standard card slot on the camera? And do the different sized cards add more weight to the camera? Also, do different types of Memory Sticks have different transfer speeds? Thanks for your help!

blazinterry
11-16-2004, 08:21 PM
Hey!

Well, I'm not sure how many megapixels (resolution) your camera is, but the rule is, the larger the mpx, the larger you want a card:
If the cam is 5 mpx, get a 128M card; if it's 6, buy a 256M, if it's 7-8, double up.
The difference between the cards are as follows:
Normal: well, it's the standard card... :)
*Pro: faster, more memory than normal card...
*Duo: smaller (the kind used in the T11), need adapter to fit in standard slots...also available Pro Duo.
*Ultra II: I'm not too sure ;) but i think it's faster and has more memory.
Before you buy Pro's and Ultra II's check your camera for compatibility.
Note: Large sized "* cards" cost more than standard card.
If you have any more questions, you can ask me fore answers...
Thanks.

kal9999
12-08-2004, 12:24 AM
So if a camera requires memory stick pro, will memory stick duo pro work if used with an adaptor? I also see ads for the high speed pro's and high speed duo pro's. Are they worth the extra money?