PDA

View Full Version : D80- rumors

coldrain
01-23-2006, 10:00 AM
With the PMA coming up, not only is the rumor mill spinning canon rumors... Rumors about a D80 with 8mp Nikon designed CMOS (successor to D70s), D2H Mark II (isn't that name too Canon like?), D3 full frame 16mp CMOS, 8mp 1.5 crop...

What is true of these rumors?

phatkid77
01-23-2006, 10:22 AM
they better not, i dont know how to use the D70s yet, but id hate to have to upgrade already.....lol

bastages

K1W1
01-24-2006, 12:10 AM
Are these rumours that you have heard / read or are you just making things up to stir?
If they are in print how about some links please.

Cold Snail
01-24-2006, 12:44 AM
Are these rumours that you have heard / read or are you just making things up to stir?
If they are in print how about some links please.

I think a C***n user who spends more time in the Nikon forum than us who actually use Nikon could be classed as a wind-up-merchant.

coldrain
01-24-2006, 01:46 AM
I think a C***n user who spends more time in the Nikon forum than us who actually use Nikon could be classed as a wind-up-merchant.
Haha, cold snail and k1w1, you guys are funny. And I guess you never really read any of my posts, cold snail. *sigh*

I guess owning a Canon invalidates ones opinion. And invalidates ones objective opinion.
Strange that owning a Nikon DSLR always triggers this knee jerk defensive nonsense.
I do happen to have a Nikon camera, and it is my favorite camera. It just happens to be not digital.

K1W1
01-24-2006, 01:57 AM
I'm serious. If these rumours are in print I would like to know where they are so I can look at them. I am interested. There is nothing defensive about that I just asked a polite question.
Please respond with an answer or at least an acknowledgement that you are having some fun.

Cold Snail
01-24-2006, 02:10 AM
Haha, cold snail and k1w1, you guys are funny. And I guess you never really read any of my posts, cold snail. *sigh*

I guess owning a Canon invalidates ones opinion. And invalidates ones objective opinion.
Strange that owning a Nikon DSLR always triggers this knee jerk defensive nonsense.
I do happen to have a Nikon camera, and it is my favorite camera. It just happens to be not digital.

Nope, I'm all for a bit of fun banter, but looking at recent activity, you spend more time in here than the Canon forum.

If you want a Nikon DSLR, just admit it ;)

Where are these links? DP Review is normally a very, very, very, very paranoid forum and a quick search there didn't show up much in the rumour mill, a few mentions that went about 5 posts long.
Nothing to get that worked up over...

Oh, I am interested in what film camera you use, I use the N90s (American version of the F90x) much more than the D70.

coldrain
01-24-2006, 02:33 AM
I have a Nikon FTn Nikkormat from the 70's, with 35mm, 50mm, 50mm macro, 80mm and 110mm lenses. It is a really nice camera to use, and especially the macro and 80mm are great.

While the D80 photo is obviously a fake (why on earth would the D80 have an intergrated vertical grip?) the rumours go around asian websites.

Chinese website with "info" on future Nikon cameras:
http://www.myprice.com.cn/product/2004/1228/31795.shtml

K1W1
01-24-2006, 04:25 AM
Thanks but no thanks.
Apparently Chinese D50's use CF cards and don't support playback in either PAL or NTSC so to even suggest that that site is a credible rumour (if there is such a thing) smacks of somebody who either spends too much time playing with their Google or is deliberately stirring.
Unless you can come up with something better than that I will just ignore anything you have to say on this subject in future.

Ray Schnoor
01-24-2006, 06:54 AM
Thanks but no thanks.
Apparently Chinese D50's use CF cards and don't support playback in either PAL or NTSC so to even suggest that that site is a credible rumour (if there is such a thing) smacks of somebody who either spends too much time playing with their Google or is deliberately stirring.
Unless you can come up with something better than that I will just ignore anything you have to say on this subject in future.
I don't understand this last comment. You asked for a link, he gave you one. The link Coldrain gave obviously shows that he didn't doctor the photo himself.

Jason25
01-24-2006, 10:30 AM
All those cameras mentioned initially sound like Thom Hogan's wishlist for Nikon DSLRs. http://www.bythom.com/2005dreamdslrs.htm

D70FAN
01-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Thanks but no thanks.

Easy there K1W1. I can't believe that you would take any of the "leak" sites very seriously...

... But sometimes they are fun... and even half-right. There have been several Chinese "pre-releases" that later turned out to be somewhat credible.

I wonder if the listed full-frame D3 will actually be the anticipated, and infamous, F6 digital back.

Thanks coldrain. I'm not sure that I like the vertical grip anyway.;)

Rex914
01-25-2006, 06:48 PM
The idea of a D70 successor/replacement is very plausible and quite likely, but I don't buy any of the specifications and/or pictures at this moment.