PDA

View Full Version : d70s accessories you own/have used: thoughts on them

ryan112ryan
01-18-2006, 02:00 PM
What d70(s) accessories do you own or have used (excluding lenses, bags, memory cards, batteries (excluding power grips), tripods)?

for each one provide the following

name:
cost:
URL link to product:
how often do you use it:
would you buy it again / recomend it:
any side notes:

if you can list each items you like the most first and the ones you hate last :)

Example items: straps, wire(less) remotes, chargers, diopters, or power grips etc.

D70FAN
01-18-2006, 03:26 PM
I'm pretty sure that most people buy accessories when they are needed.

I use the ML-L3 IR remote control quite a bit and it works great. The 3 cell CR2 battery holder MS-D70 (came with the D70 but not with the D70s :( ) is nice for peace of mind as CR2's are fairly easy to find (although a little expensive) and have a storage life of about 10 years. I have to remember this 7 years from now, if I don't end up using them in an emergency first.;)

Other than the excellent SB800 that's about all the accessorizing I need.

bluefin
01-21-2006, 01:27 PM
I bought the right angle viewer for my D70 and i highly recommend it. It slips right on the viewfinder (after you pull off the rubber cup).

A couple of great features is the 1X to 2X toggle for magnification. I set up the image on 1X and flip to 2X before I shoot check my focus.

I also love how you can turn the viewfinder to fit your height requirements. For instance, when the tripod is low I keep the viewfinder straight up which makes it easy to see and view the function disply next to the shutter release. However, if the tripod is up high so the camera is at eye level, the viewfinder rotates left or right!

I think it costs $180 and I bought it at B&H.