PDA

View Full Version : D50...help with a dust problem.

VetteD50
01-10-2006, 10:55 AM
I have rather annoying particles on my viewfinder eyepiece. I have been unable to remove them, but some quick blasts of air at the seam around the viewfinder has at least re-located them so at least I know where they are. I would love to dust them out of there and was wondering if the eyepiece may just snap off, and snap back on?

Thanks.

I should note I have already removed the focusing screen and cleaned and re-installed it.

jcon
01-10-2006, 01:39 PM
It snaps off, just slide the rubber eyepiece up. Explained in the manual on page 13. Hope this helps.

VetteD50
01-10-2006, 01:59 PM
It snaps off, just slide the rubber eyepiece up. Explained in the manual on page 13. Hope this helps.

I actually need to remove the glass portion...the rubber piece is already off.

yarga
06-13-2006, 06:00 AM
Have you had any luck with your d50, I bought my d50 3 days ago and there is already dust in the viewfinder which I can't remove. I have cleaned the sensor already too.

K1W1
06-13-2006, 06:38 AM
Take it back to whence it came.
If it's only three days old and there is dust inside the viewfinder then it must have been there since new. Get the shop to either clean it under warranty or preferrably replace the body with a dust free one.

yarga
06-19-2006, 10:05 AM
I bought it on ebay, but not through ebay :o , The guy I bought it off sent me a refund which I am very pleased about as it was a grey market product anyway so the warranty wouldn't have been valid. Now I'm just waiting for my new D50 to arrive, they said 5 days but Dixons have taken weeks before :( . At least it's got a full warranty.