PDA

View Full Version : please help XD memory cards

Ruffian29
01-04-2006, 10:45 AM
I bought my Dad a DVD player for Christmas that has a SD memory card slot in it. My dad's camera, though, uses an XD card.
There are no other reader options in the DVD player (no way to hook the camera directly to the DVD player or anything).
Is there any type of converter that I can get that will allow me to use the XD card in the SD slot?

Thanks

filippk48
01-05-2006, 07:20 PM
I bought my Dad a DVD player for Christmas that has a SD memory card slot in it. My dad's camera, though, uses an XD card.
There are no other reader options in the DVD player (no way to hook the camera directly to the DVD player or anything).
Is there any type of converter that I can get that will allow me to use the XD card in the SD slot?

Thanks
whats wrong with connecting the camera DIRECTLY to the TV ?

David Metsky
01-06-2006, 07:08 AM
This may be a portable DVD player and viewer, not a component that hooks to a TV.

-dave-

filippk48
01-06-2006, 04:21 PM
This may be a portable DVD player and viewer, not a component that hooks to a TV.

-dave-
Thanks! ...but again: portable DVD player doesnt have a video output? I didnt see one so far. somehow even the cheapest have it.

Spooner
01-21-2006, 11:06 AM
Ruffian,

Did you ever find an answer to your XD-to-SD card question?

I have the same problem. I would like to have my Palm PDA available on vacation to upload digital photos from Olympus camera, in order store them so I can clear out my memory card for more photos.

But the Olympus uses an XD memory card and the Palm T5 has an SD expansion slot.

Anyone know if there is any converter for the Palm that will allow it to accept the smaller XD card into the SD slot?

Thank you!

xavier
01-30-2006, 08:26 AM
Like spooner, i own a pda, ppc though, and i've been looking for month for this xd-to-sd device. The closest i came to was an xd-to-smartmedia adaptor, but i don't know if that runs in a sd slot.
I wonder if anybody cares besides us...

Xavier , France

iwant2fly
11-12-2006, 06:44 PM
Thought this might help. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&ct=res&cd=2&url=http%3A%2F%2Finsidecomputer.stores.yahoo.net%2 Fcoflcf17coad.html&ei=8NpXRbGPMofGwAL_-dGHBw&usg=__dye9tEslRnBiGrCfr4M16YUAg7k=&sig2=wmPgS5P4-5gpU4pbCrfHsg

dorkster
11-23-2006, 11:14 AM
i'm looking to buy a camera that uses an xD.

My Fujitsu lifebook has a built in card reader that does MS, SD, and xD, but it needs an adapter for the xD.

I have spent many hours looking all over the place and NOBODY has an xD to SD adapter.

That google link posted above is for a CF adapter. Not what we need in this thread. Need xD to SD. All there is is xD to CF or xD to smartmedia.

Has anyone located the fabled xD to SD?

svieson
01-02-2007, 09:34 AM
I have not tried this myself, but found this... May be getting it myself..

http://cgi.ebay.com/XD-to-SMC-SmartMedia-Smart-Media-Memory-Card-Adapter_W0QQitemZ230071994042QQihZ013QQcategoryZ43 451QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If you try it out, let me know how it works...