PDA

View Full Version : Any Info on Nikon D2X

kbm
12-23-2005, 01:10 AM
Hi everyone
just wondered if you had any info on the new Nikon D2X
i have a chance to buy a brand new one body only for
$900 Australian which is about $600 USD?
thanks
Kev

coldrain
12-23-2005, 01:15 AM
The only way that is possible is that it is a stolen DX2. No way can you buy a DX2 for that kind of money otherwise. Therefore I will not give any info, I do not really condone fencing.

kbm
12-23-2005, 01:24 AM
hi coldrain i agree with you
but this is legitimate
from a company that is well known
do you know much about the dx2?
cheers kev

kbm
12-23-2005, 01:29 AM
i cant even find the camera on canons website?
cheers kev

coldrain
12-23-2005, 01:30 AM
How can a 3000$ camera at 600$ be legitimate. And I would try Nikons website.

kbm
12-23-2005, 02:24 AM
i dont know
but i would still like some info if thats possible
thanks kev
coldrain, its not my fault they are advertising it for that price i just came across it on the web and couldnt find any info on it.
cheers kev

Ray Schnoor
12-23-2005, 04:20 AM
It's a Nikon "D2X", and I agree that it must be stolen. MSRP $4999 US. Norman Camera has it for $4519 US. What is the website you saw it on?

Rex914
12-23-2005, 10:36 AM
i dont know
but i would still like some info if thats possible
thanks kev
coldrain, its not my fault they are advertising it for that price i just came across it on the web and couldnt find any info on it.
cheers kev

Sounds like a pricing error. You can order it, but they'll probably cancel your order. You can't even get a used D1X for that price.

kbm
12-23-2005, 03:21 PM
Hi guys
please dont shoot the messenger, the website i saw it on was ebay australia
and that exactly what the price said new DX2 Body.
At the time i didnt even know what level of camera it was, it just looked very nice and when i went to the nikon site i still couldnt find it.

anyway
merry christmas to you all
cheers kev

cdifoto
12-23-2005, 03:34 PM
First of all, how do you KNOW they're reputable? It's eBay...anyone can sell on eBay...or scam on eBay...depending on their goals....

Second, are you sure it's not just currently BID UP TO $600? Auctions tend to stay low until closer to the end.

BTW...I just searched ebay.com.au and the lowest price I found was AU $1325.19 with 19 bids. I guarantee it won't end that low though.

K1W1
12-23-2005, 04:55 PM
Kevin,

Do you realise what you are trying to buy?
You are trying to step from a prosumer Canon to a very, very serious professional Nikon. Even if you could get the body for double what you have mentioned it's still so cheap that it's either broken, hot or a scam. On top of that you will then need to invest thousands of NZ$ to get some lenses that will do justice to the body plus software for image manipulation and suitable printers. You are going from a nice well looked after Toyota to a Ferrari that is in need of work.
Try these links for some research before you even think about committing.
http://www.maxwell.com.au/products/nikon/slr_digital/d2x.html
http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/nikond2x/

Buco
12-24-2005, 04:36 PM
there are some real A$$()0|&$ that post on this site... I swear. Regardless if it's stolen, or a scam, that is KBM's choice and decision. He assumes all risk if it is a scam, and it is his integrity that is on the line if it is a stolen item and he buys it. there is no need to act all cold shoulder and pissy to someone because you don't agree with them.

http://www.dpreview.com/reviews/specs/Nikon/nikon_d2x.asp

that will get you information on the D2x. And - if you get it for the price you mentioned then congratulations to you friend- but make sure you really check things out becuase the price is very low. The only reason why you are getting such negative feedback is because I'm sure others have paid a lot of money for their gear and it pisses them off to see somone get such a sweet deal- if it actually works out for you. If somone had the chance to buy a D2x fom a friend for $500 cash cause he was hard up on money- posted here for more info... I'm sure he would get the same asinine comments.

Good luck with your new D2X WOOT!!!!!!

Balrog
12-24-2005, 06:34 PM
Way to make a first impression... waltzing in and calling well-regarded members names doesn't exactly reflect too well on yourself, you know. If you'd actually bothered to read some more of their posts you'd see how helpful everybody is.

The fact here is that there's no way you can get a legit D2X for $600. If the OP wasn't aware of that, then it's incumbent upon us to inform him. If it's not stolen, then it's a scam. I somehow find it doubtful that there could be an actual Nikon D2x with no "nasty surprises" involved selling for $600, and the only person that finds out about it is someone who's never even heard of the camera before... there are just too many people actually LOOKING for deals on that particular camera for this to just slip by them.

jcon
12-24-2005, 07:12 PM
Wow, Buco, talk about the A$$()0|&$ that post on this sight, maybe you should look in the mirror, just because someone doesnt want to condone the sale of hot items, doesnt give you the right to insult them. If someone wants information that bad they can look elsewhere. The people in this thread were not nasty or rude in anyway, except for you! For you to pass judgement on others because they have integrity and respect for hard earned money, is wrong. Sure, if you like pruchasing hot items go for it, but dont ask the advice of others that dont want anything to do with it. Maybe next time, you should think before you speak.

K1W1
12-24-2005, 10:35 PM
Maybe Buco is p**d off because he / she just lost a sale on ebay. :)

Sorry, I had to join in the new nastiness, apart from anything else I'm not sure why he / she needed to repeat the link to Phil Askeys site 24 hours and one post after mine. When he / she put the link in there it was for information purposes apparently when I did I was being "A$$()0|&$".

If the OP comes back in 2 weeks and says they checked the camera out and it was legit then great, if they came back in two weeks and said that they were scammed or arrested in a sting on stolen goods and that we didn't give them the correct advice then I would feel A$$()0|&$. Let's see what happens.

Buco
12-25-2005, 03:56 PM
Wow, Buco, talk about the A$$()0|&$ that post on this sight, maybe you should look in the mirror, just because someone doesnt want to condone the sale of hot items, doesnt give you the right to insult them. If someone wants information that bad they can look elsewhere. The people in this thread were not nasty or rude in anyway, except for you! For you to pass judgement on others because they have integrity and respect for hard earned money, is wrong. Sure, if you like pruchasing hot items go for it, but dont ask the advice of others that dont want anything to do with it. Maybe next time, you should think before you speak.

Point 1: I am my own worst critic. I look in the mirror every day and call myself much worse things if I deserve it! Hope you have the sense of humor to do the same!

Point B: I did not mention any names, so if you want to infer that I passed judgment on any single person, so be it. If somone read my post and said... "yeah I was a real A$$()0|&$ to KBM"- then please speak up and I will gladly apologize to that person if my comments were too harsh.

Point III: I did read the posts, and my link is not the same as the one posted before hand. Though it is the same website, there is different information- both might be helpful. Try clicking on the links before you assume things :eek:

Point D: I don't like- nor condone purchasing "hot" items. I did not say that I did in my previous post, but again, if you want to think so, I don't care :)

Point 5: I don't recall myself asking anyone for advice. Read the post and see that it is KBM asking for advice about the D2X...oh wait... that's right, you did read the post, and that is why you are making a stand! Awesome dude!

Point F: To argue over "can a person find a problem free, scam free, legit D2x for $600?" is really pointless. All KBM asked for was some advice and to those of you who helped him. cool.

Point VII: I don't mind being labled the "bad guy" because I spoke my mind and voiced my opinion. I would hope that more people would do so. I hope that me being flamed would help others to have more situational awareness when people come to this website and ask for advice and be more helpful, instead of close them off because they don't agree with what they are asking about! Like I think you were trying to say jcon- think before you speak...er you mean write!

Oh yeah.... I don't use ebay so, nope I'm not pissed off about anything :-)