PDA

View Full Version : Questions about 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6G lens.

Shiloh
12-20-2005, 01:08 PM
I just ordered a Nikon D50 with the 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6G lens, mainly because I can get this lens with the body for about the same price as the body alone. I plan to eventually buy a better lens, but I was wondering what I can expect from this one. I have very little experience in SLR photography, aside from using a Digital Rebel XT with a 18-55mm lens. Can anyone tell me what the main differences are between the lens on the D50 and the one on the Digital Rebel?

Thanks!

ribac
12-20-2005, 02:21 PM
http://www.dcresource.com/forums/showthread.php?p=90402#post90402

Jason25
12-20-2005, 02:54 PM
I just ordered a Nikon D50 with the 28-80mm f/3.3-5.6G lens, mainly because I can get this lens with the body for about the same price as the body alone. I plan to eventually buy a better lens, but I was wondering what I can expect from this one. I have very little experience in SLR photography, aside from using a Digital Rebel XT with a 18-55mm lens. Can anyone tell me what the main differences are between the lens on the D50 and the one on the Digital Rebel?

Thanks!
My fiance got that lens with the kit for me for Christmas for the same reason (same price as body only). The start of the focal range isn't very ideal for digital. I've read mixed opinions on it, but I'll keep it to learn with for a little while :)

Shiloh
12-21-2005, 09:30 AM
I appreciate the feedback. I don't expect great things from this lens, but I figured it couldn't hurt to go ahead and get it, since the price wasn't different from the body alone. It's certainly going to be better than the old 2 mp Coolpix I've been using. It should be here today! I'm very interested in comparing the pcitures I've taken with the Canon Rebel (belongs to my office) to those of the D50.