PDA

View Full Version : Security?

calpchen
10-12-2004, 08:48 AM
Jeff,

Love the website. Your reviews are concise and packed with plenty of good photos. The site is easy to navigate and looks great. Keep it up!

I have a question about physical security, though. When you're doing all these reviews, you're taking regular trips to tourist areas with thousands of dollars worth of cameras. Do you ever get jittery about being clubbed over the head and having your cameras stolen?

If I had a dSLR camera out in public, I would probably be more alert than usual and eye everyone with suspicion. I would want to make my camera and bag as inconspicuous as possible.

I dunno. How do you handle it?

Jeff Keller
10-12-2004, 11:15 AM
Jeff,

Love the website. Your reviews are concise and packed with plenty of good photos. The site is easy to navigate and looks great. Keep it up!

I have a question about physical security, though. When you're doing all these reviews, you're taking regular trips to tourist areas with thousands of dollars worth of cameras. Do you ever get jittery about being clubbed over the head and having your cameras stolen?

If I had a dSLR camera out in public, I would probably be more alert than usual and eye everyone with suspicion. I would want to make my camera and bag as inconspicuous as possible.

I dunno. How do you handle it?

Well the only place I worry about it is in Chinatown since there are so many tourists and probably thieves. But the cameras are in my bag so I only have one out at a time. Quite often I'll have someone with me to watch my back. But it's been nearly 7 years and I've never lost a camera!