PDA

View Full Version : Newby Flash on D50 question

yerfdog97
12-12-2005, 11:21 AM
Please forgive my inexperience. I just bought a Nikon D50 DSLR. I LOVE IT, but I'm new to SLR cameras, so there's a lot to learn. I understand that it has iTTL flash capabilities, but I don't want to spend $200 on a flash until I know I'll stick with it. I know that if I don't splurge for the iTTL capability I won't have those features, but until I'm ready, will a Quantaray QTB -7500 A with the NK AF Module function? If so, will it fire automatically when I press the shutter? I know it won't show all the metering information, but honestly, I don't know enough YET to use it anyway! (BUT I'm reading and learning every day!) Thanks for all your help! I've already learned so much just by reading everyone else's comments on this forum!

Respectfully,
D'Nan

timmciglobal
12-12-2005, 12:15 PM
Buying a non iTTL flash is a waste of money if you ask me, especially with how much better the ittl ot TTL-2 electronic flash systems are to the "power" flash systems.

The SB-600 is about 180 online and is a fantastic flash.

Tim

Jason25
12-12-2005, 12:55 PM
I agree with Tim. You'll spend more than $200 in the long run if you buy a "beginner" flash now.

yerfdog97
12-12-2005, 01:49 PM
Thank you, gentlemen for your advice! Now if I could just have your help in convincing my husband that his wife's latest expensive hobby really should have the $200 flash! Perhaps your posts will help do that... or at least convince me to wait a few weeks instead of buying something cheaper on impulse.

THANKS!
D'Nan

tigerli
12-13-2005, 04:35 AM
I bought a SB600 flash for my D50. I am happy with it.

The iTTL ability makes my life easier when using flash.