PDA

View Full Version : Canon CanoScan® LiDE 60 Scanner

cdifoto
12-11-2005, 02:47 PM
Does anyone have any experience with this particular model? I like it's thin design and the fact that it's powered off the USB.

I'm not looking for something that can scan film prints and make them look like original high resolution digital files for print but rather a fast scanner for documents and flat products.

Are there any problems/issues/reliablity concerns that I should be aware of? I realize it's a cheap scanner...but that's sort of what I'm after. I just want to know it won't break the day after the warranty expires. lol.

coldrain
12-11-2005, 02:52 PM
Does anyone have any experience with this particular model? I like it's thin design and the fact that it's powered off the USB.

I'm not looking for something that can scan film prints and make them look like original high resolution digital files for print but rather a fast scanner for documents and flat products.

Are there any problems/issues/reliablity concerns that I should be aware of? I realize it's a cheap scanner...but that's sort of what I'm after. I just want to know it won't break the day after the warranty expires. lol.
It is a very good printer for the price, and no, you will not break it. Much better than teh cheap crap from HP for instance. Nice software with it too. But, you can also get the Lide 25, it will scan in the same quality but at an even lower price (with black plastic lid instead of metal colour).

Canon and Epson bot make very good and affordable scanners, and you can hardly go wrong with this one.

cdifoto
12-11-2005, 04:17 PM
It is a very good printer for the price, and no, you will not break it. Much better than teh cheap crap from HP for instance. Nice software with it too. But, you can also get the Lide 25, it will scan in the same quality but at an even lower price (with black plastic lid instead of metal colour).

Canon and Epson bot make very good and affordable scanners, and you can hardly go wrong with this one.

Hmm good alternate. Saves me about 20 bucks. When I was looking I was thinking the 60 had a higher scan resolution for some reason. Right now I have a VERY old UMAX Astra 2000P and...well...it sucks. Not only is it parallel ported (no USB), it scans slow and is giving me yellow banding on a good 50% of the scanned area:

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a304/cdifoto/scancrap.jpg

As you can see, I could barely get a CD scanned with it. Time to upgrade...but I don't scan enough to justify spending a few hundred bucks.

I just ordered the LiDE 60 from ZipZoomFly.com for $74.99 including shipping. Not too bad I suppose. I liked the cheaper 25 model but it's almost 2x as slow (16 second scan versus 9) and the 60 has USB 2.0...I assume the 25 has USB 1.1 since it doesn't specify. It just says USB.

16 seconds against 9 probably doesn't seem like much on paper but I am one impatient mofo. lol.

Thanks for your input coldrain...at least I know Canon makes good scanners as well as cameras. Good enough for me.