PDA

View Full Version : D100 jpgs corrupted - can they be saved?`

joretta
12-05-2005, 10:21 AM
I've had my D100 since Nov 2002 - I recently took about 200 photos (on 3 separate occasions) on a 1 GB drive card. Tried to download the images yesterday and the first 27 downloaded ok - the remainder failed to download. I took the card out and tried using Compact Flash reader to transfer images - they failed also. Tried to open one of the images in Photoshop and error message that says jpg file is corrupt or truncated. The images are viewable in the camera. Is there any way to salvage these? I hope so!!

coldrain
12-05-2005, 10:29 AM
Buy a card reader, and try a program that is especially made to resque photos from a Compact Flash (or other card type) card.

The flash card probably has a corruption in its file system, it does not have to mean you can not resque most photos though. Even corrupted photos can at times be read by some programs, Graphic convertor for the Mac for instance is very good at reading damaged JPEG's.

D70FAN
12-05-2005, 11:55 AM
I have had this problem once or twice with both CF and SD cards. Photo Rescue worked very well and you can generally recover all but one or 2 of the corrupted files. Give the freebee a try, if it works (and it should) for $29 it's a worthwhile investment.

http://www.datarescue.com/photorescue/

Just out of curiosity what brand of CF card?