PDA

View Full Version : walmart

Rhys
10-10-2004, 11:30 AM
I was in Walmart the other day. They have some nifty battery chargers there. I was quite interested to see an NIMH charger plus 2 AA batteries for under ten dollars.

Anyway, I couldn't find any Maha chargers in the shop. I was about to get a Duracell charger but then I spotted another charger that came with 4 AA batteries. It seems to be computerised although the text on the instructions is conflicting.

The really neat thing is that I can plug it into a fag lighter socket in a car or into the mains supply in the house plus it's small. Very nice and only sixteen dollars too!

Arlequen
10-31-2004, 02:40 PM
I have bought a Sanyo Quick Charger plus 4 Sanyo AAA Ni-Mh 2100 mAh for 60 euro , it works fine and charged the 4 batteries in 2,5 hours.
Than I bought 4 Duracell 2300 mAh and the Sanyo Charger did a good 2,5 hours job too over them.

kgosden
10-31-2004, 04:34 PM
Walmart, Rhys? At this rate you might turn into a Yaank during your time in the Carolinas. We still need to get you a ride down I-85 to the nearest Fry's in Atlanta if you want to enter battery nirvana. It's only a 2.5 hour drive from Greenville...

Rhys
10-31-2004, 06:50 PM
Walmart, Rhys? At this rate you might turn into a Yaank during your time in the Carolinas. We still need to get you a ride down I-85 to the nearest Fry's in Atlanta if you want to enter battery nirvana. It's only a 2.5 hour drive from Greenville...

We do have Walmart in Britain. They took over Asda who seem to sell more in the way of food than Walmart and less in the way of other goods.

It's interesting to compare Britain and the US. Definitely UK mobile phones are better as are the tariffs. It's much cheaper to make a call from a UK mobile and much cheaper to call the US from a UK mobile. GBP 0.10 per minute than the UK from the US with a mobile - $0.60 (GBP 0.40).

Prices for PCs are less but laptops are about the same. Printers are cheaper as are wi-fi network cards. Cameras are cheaper too but as I already have the two I like most, on me, I have no need to buy more.

Memory cards are dropping universally in price so there's no real need to buy any at the moment. I have over 1.5gb of memory cards. I might buy some 1gb cards when they become cheap enough (GBP 15 each) which should be sometime next year.

As far as batteries and chargers are concerned, batteries are cheaper. Chargers might be if only the instructions were as comprehensive as in Britain - such that you know exactly what you're buying.

Goods descriptions are poorer in the US as are content listings on foods.