PDA

View Full Version : Lens reviews

D70FAN
10-10-2004, 09:49 AM
Hi Jeff,

How about taking some requests for lens reviews. Most of the stuff that I read on lenses is subjective and there are generally no pictures to explain the good points and the bad points.

I find reviews from time to time, but it always seems that they are for lenses that have little interest to me, or again lack images and are generally subjective.

There are a lot more people getting into dSLR's and it would be nice to have a good reference for the most important part of the kit.

I wonder if the lens guys would be willing to have their products put under the microscope, so to speak.

Jeff Keller
10-10-2004, 10:49 AM
Hi Jeff,

How about taking some requests for lens reviews. Most of the stuff that I read on lenses is subjective and there are generally no pictures to explain the good points and the bad points.

I find reviews from time to time, but it always seems that they are for lenses that have little interest to me, or again lack images and are generally subjective.

There are a lot more people getting into dSLR's and it would be nice to have a good reference for the most important part of the kit.

I wonder if the lens guys would be willing to have their products put under the microscope, so to speak.

A nice idea but I'm way overloaded as it is. My camcorder site is really suffering as a result.

jamison55
10-10-2004, 11:22 AM
A nice idea but I'm way overloaded as it is. My camcorder site is really suffering as a result.

I agree with George, lens reviews would help many of us who have moved up to the DSLR world. Time to hire your first employee?!

Rhys
10-10-2004, 11:29 AM
I recall that Amateur Photographer magazine in Britain used to compare and test lenses regularly. They even have a website so perhaps it might be worth checking that?

D70FAN
10-10-2004, 06:47 PM
I recall that Amateur Photographer magazine in Britain used to compare and test lenses regularly. They even have a website so perhaps it might be worth checking that?

How about a URL Rhys?

D70FAN
10-10-2004, 06:52 PM

Maybe it's time to enlist some of the regulars. I, for one, am game. But you would have to set the parameters, and proceedures. I wouldn't mind helping out, and I'm sure that you could get several others to help as well. In fact you might want to think of handing off some of the more mundane reviews as well. All we really have to do is follow your script.