PDA

View Full Version : Nikkor 35-70mm 2.8D lens

jcon
12-01-2005, 06:56 AM
Has anyone had any experience with the Nikkor 35-70mm 2.8D? Any thoughts on this lens? Is it a good lens? Mainly for low light, indoor sports shots. Thanks in advance!

BigConig
12-02-2005, 04:50 AM
I had one and loved the image quality. The focal range didn't work very well for me, but if you need something in the 35-70 range it's one hell of a bargain especially with the current rebates)

Rex914
12-02-2005, 04:04 PM
Has anyone had any experience with the Nikkor 35-70mm 2.8D? Any thoughts on this lens? Is it a good lens? Mainly for low light, indoor sports shots. Thanks in advance!

Would you be close enough to the action to shoot with this lens? Seems awfully short for a sports lens unless you're sitting right in front of the action in the press area.

Other than that and the fact that it's an older lens that's probably going to be phased out, it's an incredible value and is valid for a double $100 rebate if you purchase it with another valid lens.

jcon
12-02-2005, 07:16 PM
The reason I asked is because I contacted Nikon directly and one of the reps suggested this lens for what I described. He also suggested the 70-200mm 2.8 AF-S VR but I cannot afford that. its becomming a more difficult situation than I had anticipated. I knew the lens choice and price was going to be difficult but deciding what I actually need is whats taking up my time. Id go with the Sigma 18-125 but it only stops down to 3.5 and I need something faster for the action and low light. If only I had the money :(

Forgot to add, I will be anywhere from 20 to 30 rows away from the ring, in the lower level(off the floor). I will be in the middle of section 110