PDA

View Full Version : D70 Battery Question/Trouble...

thesween
11-18-2005, 04:22 PM
My D70's battery was on the recall list, so I shipped it back this past Monday - and it just came UPS moments ago. A four day turnaround is great. That's the good news. The not-so-good news is that they replaced it with an EN-EL3e, rather than the EN-EL3. Inside the packaging was a short printed note saying that this battery is compatible with several cameras, including the D70. The obvious question is, does anyone here know that it is with certainty? I googled around a bit and found no info saying this is the case. Did Nikon send me the wrong battery? Any help really appreciated...

D70FAN
11-18-2005, 06:28 PM
My D70's battery was on the recall list, so I shipped it back this past Monday - and it just came UPS moments ago. A four day turnaround is great. That's the good news. The not-so-good news is that they replaced it with an EN-EL3e, rather than the EN-EL3. Inside the packaging was a short printed note saying that this battery is compatible with several cameras, including the D70. The obvious question is, does anyone here know that it is with certainty? I googled around a bit and found no info saying this is the case. Did Nikon send me the wrong battery? Any help really appreciated...

As I suspected the "e" version has simply added an extra contact for the smart battery function. Should work fine.

K1W1
11-18-2005, 08:54 PM
I also suspect that the "e" version has been fixed of whatever problem the original batteries had so by shipping out "e" versions Nikon can be sure at a later date which batteries were replaced and which were not if any other problems arise.
Don't worry about it. Nikon shipped the battery to you so you must assume it's correct. If it blows your camera up I guess Nikon will then replace your body with a D200 body which we know is compatible with the battery. :D

thesween
11-18-2005, 08:57 PM
Sorry and thanks, but it looks like I answered my own question. Maybe it would helpful to paste this for others http://support.nikontech.com/cgi-bin/nikonusa.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=13544&p_created=1114090936&p_sid=FAsmzWUh&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPSZwX3NvcnRfYnk9JnBfZ3JpZHNvcnQ9JnBfc m93X2NudD0xOTMmcF9wcm9kcz0xOSw1NiZwX2NhdHM9fmFueX4 mcF9wdj0yLjU2JnBfY3Y9MS5_YW55fiZwX3NlYXJjaF90eXBlP WFuc3dlcnMuc2VhcmNoX25sJnBfcGFnZT0x&p_li=&p_topview=1