PDA

View Full Version : Maha charger

10-05-2004, 07:02 PM
Which Maha charger is the best ? For charging ONLY NiMH batteries and probably only(or at least mostly) AA batteries, to be used in Canada and in other countries with UK plugs.

I thought it was the MH-C204W, but I dunno... Does it come with the proper adapter for both countries or must I purchase the UK plug on top of it... And does it work...

what about the C401FS ?

Please explain me and try to be simple cuz I have a hard time understanding this stuff since its mostly unknown language to me.

Rhys
10-05-2004, 07:38 PM
Which Maha charger is the best ? For charging ONLY NiMH batteries and probably only(or at least mostly) AA batteries, to be used in Canada and in other countries with UK plugs.

I thought it was the MH-C204W, but I dunno... Does it come with the proper adapter for both countries or must I purchase the UK plug on top of it... And does it work...

what about the C401FS ?

Please explain me and try to be simple cuz I have a hard time understanding this stuff since its mostly unknown language to me.

Ok. UK voltage is 240v but Canadian voltage is about 120v. This means any Canadian equipment will fry unless it's able to accept 120 - 240v. Then you'll need a plug adaptor too. We have a three pin plug with rectangular pins that fits into a switched socket.

You might also need a transformer to reduce the voltage.

10-06-2004, 05:49 AM
Unless I am mistaken, I believe the MH-C204W is specially made to accept 120 to 240v, I believe it has an integrated transformer... I could be wrong but that is what I am understanding from what I am reading.
Also, I know the plugs are different, but do u have to buy a new plug or does it come with one. When I say the plugs are different, does it mean its a whole new cord with a plug or a plug adaptor ?

D70FAN
10-06-2004, 05:47 PM
Unless I am mistaken, I believe the MH-C204W is specially made to accept 120 to 240v, I believe it has an integrated transformer... I could be wrong but that is what I am understanding from what I am reading.
Also, I know the plugs are different, but do u have to buy a new plug or does it come with one. When I say the plugs are different, does it mean its a whole new cord with a plug or a plug adaptor ?

With the C204W you will only need a set of plug adapters for different countries. It comes with a standard US 2 prong cord.

Probably the best charger on the market. I have two C204F's and they are the only chargers that actually charge NiMH's to full capacity. I have had several others (from name brand companies) that didn't even come close. The C204W is basically the same charger with the power supply built in.

Rhys
10-06-2004, 06:54 PM
With the C204W you will only need a set of plug adapters for different countries. It comes with a standard US 2 prong cord.

Probably the best charger on the market. I have two C204F's and they are the only chargers that actually charge NiMH's to full capacity. I have had several others (from name brand companies) that didn't even come close. The C204W is basically the same charger with the power supply built in.

How much is the C204W charger? Where can it be obtained and what does it look like? I've been looking for chargers for a couple of weeks.

10-06-2004, 07:34 PM
http://www.mahaenergy.com/store/Index.asp

D70FAN
10-07-2004, 05:10 PM
How much is the C204W charger? Where can it be obtained and what does it look like? I've been looking for chargers for a couple of weeks.

Or here (one of Jeffs sponsors for years):

http://nimhbattery.com/nimh_battery_chargers.htm

Rhys
10-08-2004, 03:17 AM
Or here (one of Jeffs sponsors for years):

http://nimhbattery.com/nimh_battery_chargers.htm

Interesting. It seems that $37 seems to be the norm for battery chargers here in the US. I've seen some in Walmart and in Best Buy at around that.

As I'm here for a couple more months, I'm thinking of paying cash rather than using plastic as I don't want to drive up my plastic bill so physical, local shops in Columbia, SC would be best. Pity there's no Radio Shack here.

I saved $10 by buying my Sandisk multicard reader from Walmart ($27) over Best Buy ($37).