PDA

View Full Version : Help me please, problem with Zoom

Kotaro
11-13-2005, 08:28 AM
Hi all,

I bought new Nikon D50 last month. At first, before i shoot the photo, i zoom and press half of the bottom, then it become clear and the i fully press the bottom down. Now i can not do this. I don't know if i set up anythings wrong with my camera.

Could you please help me analyse which things do i have to adjust to make my zoom photo become clear.

Best regards,

Kotaro, Japan

coldrain
11-13-2005, 09:43 AM
Hmm, do you perhaps mean that you push the shutter button halfway to focus, and now when you do that it will not focus? Did you by chance put the lens on manual focus? It certainly sounds that way (after translation ;) )

VetteD50
11-13-2005, 11:33 AM
On the lens there is a small lever Be certain it is on the "A". Sounds like it was accidentally switched to "M".

Kotaro
11-13-2005, 04:42 PM
Hi

I already adjusted a small lever to A and M to test, but i still could not make half press on my camera. There are also a lever on the body of the camera: AF and M, which i already tried, but also can not make a half press.

Before, i can do a half press and there is a sound when i adjust the photo, but now there is no sound.

Could you help analysis this info. How can i make a half press to make my focus photo become clear.

Best regards,

Kotaro :(

NEL
11-13-2005, 06:57 PM
Check menu 14 in custom setting. If you have it set to AF AF-ON then camera wouldn't focus when you press the shutter relese button half way.
Change to default setting AE/AF lock. Right now your camera will autofocus when you press AE-L/AF-L button (if we are on the right track):). You can try it before you change any setting.

Kotaro
11-14-2005, 05:40 AM
Hi NEL,

I already Checked menu 14 in custom setting and it is in the mode AE-L/AF-L button, but i still could not press half way.

What should i have to check for the next? :(

NEL
11-14-2005, 06:24 AM
Try to reset all to default. There is reset mode in menu.

coldrain
11-14-2005, 06:31 AM
You put the lens from A to M? of course that did not work.. the M is for manual focus ane the A is for autofocus. So be sure it is set to A.

Kotaro
11-14-2005, 05:14 PM
Hi NEL and coldrain,

There is no mistake for the len, I set it to A all the time. I also tried to reset all to default in the menu mode, but there is nothing change ( I could not press half way).
I really in trouble now. I will have to use this camera for my friend wedding party this Sat. What should i do:(

Kotaro

NEL
11-14-2005, 07:16 PM
I would try it with another lens. Somebody correct me if i am wrong, but manual aperture needs to be completly open in auto (if you have manual apperture). But I don't know how it would affect autofocus.

K1W1
11-15-2005, 01:04 AM
What lens are we talking about?

Kotaro
11-15-2005, 07:23 AM
Hello everyone,

I can solve the problem now. It is my stupid locked the len not properly. When the lens lock properly, you can hear the sound.

Thank you for all the comments!

Kotaro :) :D