PDA

View Full Version : Format

kgosden
07-01-2004, 09:47 PM
Jeff, I am not certain how to describe some of the various aspects of the new forums. But I was wondering is it possible to display the first line or two of text of a message under the message title on each main forum topic page. That would help give a sense of the body.

Jeff Keller
07-01-2004, 10:32 PM
Jeff, I am not certain how to describe some of the various aspects of the new forums. But I was wondering is it possible to display the first line or two of text of a message under the message title on each main forum topic page. That would help give a sense of the body.

At least on my browser, when you mouse over a thread it shows part of the content of the thread... does that not work for you?

kgosden
07-02-2004, 10:37 AM
At least not with my current settings, although it might if I enable a few more features.

Jake Conner
07-02-2004, 07:37 PM
Please enable n/t messages

kgosden
07-02-2004, 08:55 PM
I have searched all through the Netscape options and cannot find anything that seems to be labeled n/t messages or even something with n... messages. It does work under IE6, but I loath that browsers formatting and menu structure. It is only my browser of last resort.

So far I am dissappointed by the new interface. The messages take up too much vertical space with all the bars and boxes for my taste. I find the plethora of icons distracting from the content (especially in this replay window). One of the benefits of the older format was the ease of veiwing ALL the messages. Click on a single forum and scroll. Here, as in most threaded forums, it is click to drill down, then scroll and page to get to the bottom, click back to the list and repeat. Yes, threads can be easier to follow individually, but the whole is more disorganized in my opinion.

Jeff Keller
07-03-2004, 12:12 PM
Please enable n/t messages

I can't find an option for that. Any suggestions?

Jake Conner
07-04-2004, 02:44 PM
Ken: n/t means no text, meaning a short message contained completely in the subject line. For instance, my previous message would have had no body, as only "Works in IE5/Mac" was needed. This board won't let you post a message with less than 10 characters in the body.

Jeff: no idea. Ask vB maybe?

Jake

Jeff Keller
07-04-2004, 03:01 PM
Ken: n/t means no text, meaning a short message contained completely in the subject line. For instance, my previous message would have had no body, as only "Works in IE5/Mac" was needed. This board won't let you post a message with less than 10 characters in the body.

Jeff: no idea. Ask vB maybe?

Jake

Jake have you seen a vB board with that feature?

Jake Conner
07-04-2004, 03:10 PM
No, and I just noticed that with no subject line it displays the first part of the body text in thread view, so I guess it's not needed.

Jake