PDA

View Full Version : How to get to all my posts to easilly check for follow ups?

Phill D
11-05-2005, 11:24 PM
I can get to all my posts to check this by clicking on my name when it appears as a last post in a forum list & it is a useful way to check that you don't miss replies. But this needs a latest post with my name on it to show in the forum list. If you post regularly this wouldn't be a problem but I was wondering if there is any way to get to this very useful view direct every time.

Phill D
11-11-2005, 11:02 PM
Hmm nobody knows eh......oh well suppose thats life & the answers to just keep posting;)

Vich
11-11-2005, 11:41 PM
Here's a few;

1. Search, Advanced Search, type your name as "Poster", submit.

2. Click on a forum you know you've posted to recently. Find your post. Click on your name and click "all posts".

3. Under "Thread Tools", subscribe to the thread. Probably better to disable EMAIL Reply. Then, under User CP, click "subscribed threads". It will list all you've subscribed to. Some filters are below, like "only those with new posts", "last x days", etc.

4. If you were the most recent poster in a forum, your name will be in the forum list. Click it and see the "See all Posts" selection.

Phill D
11-12-2005, 10:37 PM
Vich - Thanks the first option you suggested is excellent just what I wanted I can search on my user name & show all posts from any recent date which gives me a list of all my recent posts to remind me instantly which ones to look at for follow ups. As I often have a quick glance at the forums in the mornings when I'm not always quite awake this memory jog for the old grey cells is just the ticket. It is also easier to catch any replies needed when I've been away from the forums for a while. Not only that it lets you save the search options so its straight in every time, absolutely perfect you're a star Vich thanks. :)

Balrog
11-12-2005, 11:11 PM
There's an even easier way :)

Click on "User CP" in the top left corner. Click on "Edit Options" in the side panel. In the "Messaging and Notification" box, go to the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" option and change it from "Do not subscribe" to "No email notification".

What this does is whenever you make a new thread or post to an existing one, it automatically adds that thread to your list of "Subscribed Threads". Then, whenever you click on "User CP" again, it'll list all of your subscribed threads that have recently been updated. If you want to see all of them, just click "View all subscribed threads", and it'll give you the whole list.

Makes keeping track of things a whole lot simpler, trust me. The User CP and the "New Posts" button combined mean I never even open the forums in the regular mode anymore. :D

Vich
11-13-2005, 02:43 PM
There's an even easier way :)

Click on "User CP" in the top left corner. Click on "Edit Options" in the side panel. In the "Messaging and Notification" box, go to the "Default Thread Subscription Mode" option and change it from "Do not subscribe" to "No email notification".

What this does is whenever you make a new thread or post to an existing one, it automatically adds that thread to your list of "Subscribed Threads". Then, whenever you click on "User CP" again, it'll list all of your subscribed threads that have recently been updated. If you want to see all of them, just click "View all subscribed threads", and it'll give you the whole list.

Makes keeping track of things a whole lot simpler, trust me. The User CP and the "New Posts" button combined mean I never even open the forums in the regular mode anymore. :D
Thanks Balrog. Nice trick!

Balrog
11-13-2005, 06:59 PM
You're welcome :)

Phill D
11-14-2005, 09:48 AM
Yes I just tried it to & it works a treat - thanks Balrog.