PDA

View Full Version : New here...quick D50 question.

VetteD50
11-04-2005, 05:11 AM
After getting over losing all my images in a computer crash a couple years ago, I have returned to this whole picture thing. I will be backing up my images to disc from now on!

I'm shooting with a D50, 70-300 and 18-55 Nikkor glass.

I was wondering about changing settings at night. How do you guys/gals quickly manage setting changes without a light on the display?

I bought a Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ20 a month or so ago. I picked it up used, and I wanted to see if I even wanted to get back into this. Turns out, I do. So I then went shopping for a DSLR, and found a two week old D50 that a guy at work was selling with two sets of glass.

I started an online album with the Lumix and will add to it with the D50. It is viewable at www.photobucket.com/albums/a384/Wizardvette

K1W1
11-04-2005, 08:52 PM
I've never had a problem with night. Whenever I have wanted to change something I've used either the viewfinder or the menu system on the LCD. Not quite as convenient as an illuminated status panel I guess but it works for me and I didn't buy my D50 to use primarily at night so it's a feature I don't miss.

CircuitConcepts
11-06-2005, 10:54 AM
the d50 has a really easy setup in my opinion, and that's what's great about Nikon's (to me). The wheel for changing functions is discernable by what's appearing on screen, the rotating wheel is in a good place and the aperture button is easy to find. It just takes a bit of time to figure out where it is by memory. Worst Case Scenario: Turn your camera off/on if you hurt a setting, some are temporarily saved :)

You definitely have talent, keep it up!

VetteD50
11-07-2005, 10:28 AM
You definitely have talent, keep it up!

Thanks! I feel I'm getting back to where I once was. My GF is very good too...in fact several of the images in that album are hers. She's now shooting with the FZ20 since I got my D50.