PDA

View Full Version : Nikon D200 Sample Images

Rex914
10-31-2005, 11:39 PM
These sample images are about 4-6 MB a piece. Please don't kill my server. You may share the link to the directory, but you may NOT hotlink to the images themselves! I've already racked up over 1 GB bandwidth transferred today alone.

(http://www.gureporter.com/Photos/D200/)(Link Temporarily Removed) - I'll get this back up soon. It's just that I sapped 10 GB of bandwidth (not my limit) and didn't want to run the risk of incurring costs for this.

There are 7 images in all. #4 is my personal favorite.
I've also uploaded the D200 English PDF to this directory. (This is different from the PDF spec sheet)

Nick
11-01-2005, 10:05 AM
Might I ask where you procured such a treasure?

Rex914
11-01-2005, 03:54 PM
Believe me, they are real.

Nikon Japan only has 4 out of the 7 pics for some reason, but they're all legit.
http://www.nikon-image.com/jpn/products/camera/digital/slr/d200/sample.htm

There are actually more than 7 pics, but these are the only ones at full size.

D70FAN
11-01-2005, 04:17 PM
Thanks Rex. You are our eye-in-the-sky.

TheObiJuan
11-01-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks for the pics!

Vich
11-01-2005, 11:43 PM
Thanks Rex. Only looked at #4 out of sympathy. I think ObiJuan is wavering.:D

You should provide a link on your thread to get a commission from the linked site (for all the purchases it produces):) Help pay for the bandwidth!

Rex914
11-02-2005, 12:28 AM
I've now uploaded the official English PDF brochure for the D200. (I don't think Nikon's site has it for some reason) It contains the rest of the sample images but at lower resolution.

Bluedog
11-02-2005, 05:53 AM
I think ObiJuan is wavering.:D

LMAO @ that comment ... :D ... that is a fine looking camera for sure but oh I'm committed for the moment ... :rolleyes:

D70FAN
11-02-2005, 06:03 AM
LMAO @ that comment ... :D ... that is a fine looking camera for sure but oh I'm committed for the moment ... :rolleyes:

Hope things are getting back to some semblence of normal in your area.

So, we can't get you to sell out eh? There will be another Canon along here any minute...;)

Bluedog
11-02-2005, 06:23 AM
Hope things are getting back to some semblence of normal in your area.

So, we can't get you to sell out eh? There will be another Canon along here any minute...;)

George its a lot better than it was. Our town of 60,000 residents still has an additional influx of over 10,000 new people. Property values have increased out the roof and all hotel rooms are sold out nightly. I'll be glad when all the Corp of Engineer clean up crews are finished > five flat tires so far < I've never in my life seen so many tree removal and roofing companies.

TheObiJuan
11-02-2005, 09:20 PM
selling out implies brand loyalty.
I don't see the problem with using the best available for the price.
If the 20D had a better viefinder, faster/more accurate AF, and better resolution, I wouldn't have a problem with it.
The grip works, but it's bulky and ugly.

Bluedog, I'm glad things are getting better for you and your family.

Warin
11-02-2005, 10:01 PM
Bluedog, I'm glad things are getting better for you and your family.

I second that. havent been around a lot lately... I am shooting on film only right now (I want a DSLR with the grain, dynamic range, and tonal quality of a chunk of 4x5 Ilford Delta 100 Pro! :D) and doing a lot of homework, but had to pop on for the D200 chatter! Good to see you weathered the storms, Bluedog.

As for the images... wow. they look great! I cant wait to get my hands on the thing.