PDA

View Full Version : The Great Scanning Challenge!!!

wingsley
10-28-2005, 08:51 AM
I have, in my possession, an interesting packet of schematics. These schematics are plans for a recreational trail located near a public road. There are four pages, each measuring approximately 21.5 inches by 35.5 inches.

I also have, in my possession, an Epson Perfection 2400 flatbed scanner, which is designed for Letter-size scanning. Also along for the ride is my G4 iMac, with Adobe Photoshop CS and Elements 3.0 installed. I have used Photoshop's photomerge feature before to successfully join together two Letter-size scans of an 11-inch by 17-inch map, but this is a whole new ballgame. Does anyone have any hints at how to scan these plans in effectively? Snapping pictures with a digital camera doesn't do it justice.

Kenyada
10-31-2005, 11:53 AM
This job calls for a large-format scanner, rather than a flat bed scanner. You need an accurate, spot-on scan (times four), with a minimal number of photomerges. There are companies that do large scale scans for engineers and transportation planners. Once you get the scans, you can use your software to complete the job.