PDA

View Full Version : Nikon D50: Cosina 28-210 f4.2-6.5 AF: Need help.

filmn
10-18-2005, 03:18 AM
Hello all,

I currently have a Minolta 5000 series 35mm SLR camera with this camera I have the standard lens that it came with but I also have a Cosina 28-210 f4.2-6.5 AF however all though I have used the camera for a long time and I believe now is the time for an update. Such as I am looking at the Nikon D50 however to save some money (I am a student) I want to buy the body only, so my question is will my Nikon D50 be able to use my Cosina 28-210 f4.2-6.5 AF. If anyone could help it would be welcome as I have talked to Nikon but they can not help and the only 'offical' site for Cosina that I can find is in japenese (www.cosina.co.jp) so I can't really read the information. Again any help on the matter would be of great help. :)

Thank you,

William T.

coldrain
10-18-2005, 05:38 AM
Camera manufacturers use different lens mounts. Also sometimes they change lens mount design, making older lenses obsolete.
Your Cosina will not work on the D50. So, for the price of the DSLR you want to buy you should factor in lenses that cover the range that you want to have. Keep in mind that the lens focal range should be multiplied by 1.5 with Nikon , Konica Minolta and Pentax DSLR's, and with 1.6 with Canon DSLR's because the sensors are a bit smaller than a 35mm film.