PDA

View Full Version : Z6 - Help with zoom

tlh9365
10-08-2005, 05:53 PM
Purchased a Z6 for the 12x zoom (upcoming African Safari). Please forgive my ignorance, but I thought you just zoomed in and took the picture. I can't get a clear picture, what am I doing wrong? The main reason I purchased this particular camera was its ability to zoom and I am getting frustrated. Thankyou for your help!

lindann
10-08-2005, 08:37 PM
I have only had my Z6 for a week now, but I remember reading that once you zoom, you have to depress the shutter half way for it to focus then complete the depression of the shutter. Hope this helps. That is what I have been doing, most come out better for me. I am still trying to get used to that zoom when I have it on full 12x, but so far this has helped me.

johnmed3
10-27-2005, 06:30 AM
I have only had my Z6 for a week now, but I remember reading that once you zoom, you have to depress the shutter half way for it to focus then complete the depression of the shutter. Hope this helps. That is what I have been doing, most come out better for me. I am still trying to get used to that zoom when I have it on full 12x, but so far this has helped me.

That is waht I' do. Press the shutter button half way, let the Af do it's job, then do the full press and take the shot :) .

swgod98
10-27-2005, 08:21 AM
Does the Z6 have image stabilization? It's possible you are not getting a faster enough shutter speed, and thus getting "camera shake". If the camera has IS, make sure it's ON. Also, be sure you are getting a fast enough shutter speed. If not, try using a tripod (or just set your camera down somewhere and see if it can capture a sharp image. You may want to use the short 2 second timer option so you don't shake the camera pressing the shutter.

Good luck and have fun...12x zoom is FUN! :)

johnmed3
10-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Does the Z6 have image stabilization? It's possible you are not getting a faster enough shutter speed, and thus getting "camera shake". If the camera has IS, make sure it's ON. Also, be sure you are getting a fast enough shutter speed. If not, try using a tripod (or just set your camera down somewhere and see if it can capture a sharp image. You may want to use the short 2 second timer option so you don't shake the camera pressing the shutter.

Good luck and have fun...12x zoom is FUN! :)

The Z6 does have image stabilization. It's called antishake.

lindann
10-28-2005, 07:21 PM
I am loving the 12 x zoom. :)
I can take photos that I could not get before. It took a few days fro me to get the hang of pressing halfway before actually taking the shot. I practice on jets that are flying way overhead, and see how close I can bring them and with how much clarity. So much fun.

morkheng
11-04-2005, 10:06 PM
there's a 'full time auto focus' function which ccontinuosly focus all the time for u automatically that u can choose, but of course it's very battery consuming, it's juz like depressing the shutter half way all the time as u zoom in n out

lindann
11-26-2005, 01:29 PM
I have just turned the full time auto focus option on to see if it makes any difference on my next shot. I guess I am going to have to get brave enough to start posting photos on the photo gallery sometime soon. I have been enjoying just coming in and reading and looking at the great photos here. Gives me lots of cool ideas for things to take photos of.
I am really enjoying the z6 and that wonderful zoom. I don't have any problems with that function at all.:)